Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:06:50 PM EDT
I notice alot of pics of SAR1s with some really nice exterior sheen. My question is, do you wipe down the exterior with anything to keep it looking nice and smooth? Mine has that flat finish and scratches and small blemishes here and there, but I figured if I used something like a dab of oil on a rag and wiped down the whole exterior this wouldn't hurt, or would it? I just want a nice satin/ semi gloss sheen to the exterior like Ive seen on some SAR1 pics on this forum.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect the shiny ones were refinished or had a distinct light angle. You can wipe them down with a VERY thin film wihtout making them slimy to hold. I actually do that with one I have blasted and parked.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Boiled lin seed oil
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
CLP.  wood loves it too.  Just a lint free cloth and just a few times over.  =)  

Cleans.  Lubricates.  Protects.   Well, the outside of the guns, anyway, I'm moving on to Militec-1 or a Synthetic [Motor] Oil
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Break-Free is a fully synthetic product.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top