Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2003 6:06:04 PM EST
I need to move the windage alittle on two of my AK's . The cheap Tapco tool just bent up when I started to crank in on it.Where to get quality one from.Good hardened Steel.I hate cheap tools.....Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:11:42 PM EST
Lol...I was going to recommend the Tapco tool until I read the rest of your post. I've heard of people using a "C" clamp and socket. You use the clamp to move the barrel into the socket.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:45:50 PM EST
I just did it today using C-clamp. Took a lot of effort. Had to take a rag, wrap it around the C-clamp and rotate that. But it worked.

It is a tool made in China, so really junk. Scratched my site a bit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:50:44 PM EST
Use the Global Trades one, it's much thicker and stronger. I bent a Tapco one too, but the GT one came through for me. There's also B-Square if you're a Global hater

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:32:17 AM EST
I really think that the Tapco ones are for Chinese SKS's and Mak90's as it worked on mine but when I tried it on my Romanian SAR1's and the Bulgarians I use to own the cross pin on the site was a larger diameter and just bent the tool. I have since used a C-clamp and a socket.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:23:31 AM EST
Thanks guys, C clamp and socket it is!!!!!!!!!WD
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:56:34 AM EST
Glad it works for you.
And if you have a FAL, before you get their front sight tool, do not forget the circlip pliers you may already have.
Top Top