Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/5/2003 7:06:04 PM EDT
I need to move the windage alittle on two of my AK's . The cheap Tapco tool just bent up when I started to crank in on it.Where to get quality one from.Good hardened Steel.I hate cheap tools.....Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol...I was going to recommend the Tapco tool until I read the rest of your post.  I've heard of people using a "C" clamp and socket.  You use the clamp to move the barrel into the socket.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did it today using C-clamp. Took a lot of effort. Had to take a rag, wrap it around the C-clamp and rotate that. But it worked.

It is a tool made in China, so really junk. Scratched my site a bit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Use the Global Trades one, it's much thicker and stronger. I bent a Tapco one too, but the GT one came through for me. There's also B-Square if you're a Global hater

Schulze
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I really think that the Tapco ones are for Chinese SKS's and Mak90's as it worked on mine but when I tried it on my Romanian SAR1's and the Bulgarians I use to own the cross pin on the site was a larger diameter and just bent the tool.  I have since used a C-clamp and a socket.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:23:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, C clamp and socket it is!!!!!!!!!WD
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad it works for you.
And if you have a FAL, before you get their front sight tool, do not forget the circlip pliers you may already have.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top