Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/28/2004 5:38:07 PM EST
I guess the title asks it all. I just bought a VEPR K Sunday afternoon, and I'm already thinking about tinkering with it. If the Ultimak unit doesn't work, what other options are there?

Oh, and by the way, howdy all!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:48:03 PM EST
Ultimak do a special set up for the VEPR. It comes with a new forend because the standard VEPR forend won't accomodate the Ultimak. That's the good news - bad news is it costs $150.

Cheaper option is the Russian Belarus low mount that CDNN had for $40. This is near enough centered, and quite low over the receiver.

You can also get a more sophisticated mount from Robarms (VEPR seller) for around $100 - it features adjustment screws so that you can keep your scope centered.

My preference is the $40 from CDNN, but the Robarms mounts are very nice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:45:23 PM EST
Do you by chance have a pic of the Belarus mount on a VEPR? I saw the one that CDNN had, but I wasnt sure how low it really sat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:43:30 PM EST
Here's a Belarus low-mount (BP-02) on my Saiga.

It has just enough clearance to allow you to remove the top cover with it mounted.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:07:51 AM EST
Thanks for the pic! Nice rifle. I am actually looking for a mount that will be kinda like a scout mount. If all else fails, I may install one of those doo-dads like yours, TXN.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:35:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
Thanks for the pic! Nice rifle. I am actually looking for a mount that will be kinda like a scout mount. If all else fails, I may install one of those doo-dads like yours, TXN.

The UltiMAK vepr-k mount forend is a standard forend, milled out to fit the mount.
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top