Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:20:50 PM EDT
These are not too expensive relatively speaking, but wonder if the prices will be better in another few days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember before the ban I bought a 75 round chineese drum for $20.00 hope that happens again
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be abit but I hope so.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
got mine new in  the rap for about 40 bucks before the ban
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw two at the gun show I went to today in my area. One was $95 the other was $110.  Mag prices dropped a few dollars though. On average about $5 with most dealers same with some.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it will all hinge on whether anyone makes/imports new ones.  AFAIK/IIRC, the Chinese can't import em.  If there is no supply and a lot of demand- the price will stay high.

Now say a bunch of Romanian drums come in, which IMHO are lesser compared to the Chinese product, the prices of both should drop as anyone wanting to sell the Chinese drums will have to compete with the market on the Romanian drums.  Bottom line is hopefully there is a supply cause there sure as hell is a demand! In other words, if Romanian drums are selling @ $40 each would one pay $90 for a Chinese one?  (Personally I wouldn't as I'd probably get more use out of 2 Romanians for the same price of one Chinese drum.  Either way I feel a slight premium for a Chinese drum is worth it.)

FWIW, I have a single Chinese drum that I paid a ridiculous amount of $ for... But I only "needed" the first one.  YMMV as the supply is still highly speculative even with the 94 ban gone.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
How hard would it be for the Chinese to get around this? Not very. Just send the drums to Canada, or better yet, Mexico, completely assembled except for one small part. Have the other country add that small part and stamp "MADE IN MEXICO" or "MADE IN CANADA" on it, and you're good to go.

My company does this. We make the part, do the welding, hardening, testing, etc., but orders that are to be COMPLETED in Canada (basically, they paint the damn thing), we dont stamp MADE IN USA on. It goes up north, gets painted, and MADE IN CANADA stamped on it.

Just takes a little creativity to get around the restrictions. And a willing participant in either of those countries. Probably have an easier time with Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How hard would it be for the Chinese to get around this? Not very. Just send the drums to Canada, or better yet, Mexico, completely assembled except for one small part. Have the other country add that small part and stamp "MADE IN MEXICO" or "MADE IN CANADA" on it, and you're good to go.

My company does this. We make the part, do the welding, hardening, testing, etc., but orders that are to be COMPLETED in Canada (basically, they paint the damn thing), we dont stamp MADE IN USA on. It goes up north, gets painted, and MADE IN CANADA stamped on it.

Just takes a little creativity to get around the restrictions. And a willing participant in either of those countries. Probably have an easier time with Mexico.

I can only hope there's a barge somewhere getting unloaded/stamped/assembled to the North or South.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:53:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Where are the 100rd drum mags? I heard the Russians used 7.62x39 100rd drums for the RPK SAW operators (they had 1 drum loaded initially and 40rd mags for additional mags).

I would like to pick up a 75rd or 100rd drum even though I can only shoot single loads at my DNR range. it's the cool factor and extra weight I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I have yet to see any decrease in the price of these items.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, hell no, dealers have actually INCREASED the prices on these drums in my area (and they were already @ $110).

My advice: Search online, you might find a reasonable dealer not trying to fuck over customers for a buck. I'd say expect the price to be around $55 in a month or two... you can already pick up Rommy drums for $75.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Have patience guys, there are warehouses full of drums in Europe. Many of the European nations are hurtin for money. It's just a matter of time before they show up here by the shipping container load.
You could get them for $29 each in Shotgun News before the ban. I can see them going close to that in a couple months.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
...Until November, after the election, whoever is President will put the ban back into effect.  I think Bush let it die off to  gain the gun states and thats it. Only time will tell though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Anything special with the Norinco (spelling???) drums?

Just wondering as a guy at the local show this weekend was selling them for $200+ each.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anything special with the Norinco (spelling???) drums?

Just wondering as a guy at the local show this weekend was selling them for $200+ each.

That's re-gawd,damn-diculous.... Unless it was a 100 round drum new in the wrap with a free hand job.

75 round Norinco- CHINA- AK drum shouldn't run more than a hundred and even at that, $75 seems more realistic. (And hopefully falling, but it's all speculation)

I have no idea what the going rate for a 100 round drum is. (And certainly have no use for one at inflated prices)

Sly
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top