Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:46:44 AM EDT
I have heard that a East German AK-74 bakelite magazine with a .223 follower made by Robinson Armament will work in an Arsenal SA M-5 rifle. Does anyone know if this is true? I am thinking of buying an M-5 and have a good supply of bakelites on hand for my 74s. It would be cheaper for me to buy extra .223 followers than to wait for the ship that has Bulgy waffles  to come in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they work completely fine and run perfectly- however you have to dremel the shoulder a bit so that the .223 round doesn't get caught since the shoulder is longer than the 5.45x39. You can use either the Robinson followers or just build the rear portion of the exising follower up with apoxy and it will work. I run both, several I converted myself, as well as original 5.56 Waffles. For the cost you can't beat converting the 74 mags but just dropping in a Robar follower won't do it- you actually have to dremel the little area or they won't work, very clear once you get the magazine, follower and everything in front of you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Creeper:

Thanks for your posting. I ordered several followers from RA and also a completed magazine so I can see exactly what had been done to the bakelite. My dremel tool is ready to go once these items show up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
SAM5?  Get the Bulgy plastic mags...  I know - they cost a bunch and are hard to find.  But thats the hidden cost accepted when one buys a SAM5.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#5]
K-var just got a big shipment of the clear waffles in stock this week, including clear 20 round mags. I picked up 5 of each.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top