Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT by AKMan434]
Just now, I got my thumb stuck while trying to get out the cleaning kit in my AK. I could not get it out no matter what I did. My thumb was pinned inbetween the stock and the cleaning kit. So, I decided that I would have to cut up the stock. It was a hard desicion but a necessary one. So I took the stock off and had my buddy cut it in half. I pulled the spring out, but the cleaning kit was so well pinned between the stock and my thumb that it still did not want to come out. By the grace of God, I was finally able to pull my finger out. This all took a total of about 20 minutes and left me with a bruised thumb. This is odd in that I have pulled out the cleaning kit hundreds of times before, and nothing happened. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:58:22 PM EDT
I only have two questions,

1.Why was your thumb in the hole?

2.Why did'nt you take the two buttplate screws out instead of cutting up your buttstock?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:00:47 PM EDT by SVT]
Now wait just a damned minute here!

Are you SURE it was your thumb?!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:04:57 PM EDT by AKMan434]
I tried taking the buttplate out, but my thumb would not allow it to bude upward as it was taking up all the diameter around the hole. Trust me, I'm not that stupid to just cut up a perfectly good stock without exhausting all of my resources. It was a stupid mistake and I know. It's just that I did this a hundred times before and nothing happened.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:02:57 PM EDT
couldnt get your thumb out, shit i always have a problem getting my thumb in, she usually starts screaming at me You actually use the cleaning kit thats inside of you stock?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:04:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motorcityman:
couldnt get your thumb out, shit i always have a problem getting my thumb in, she usually starts screaming at me You actually use the cleaning kit thats inside of you stock?

I have pretty slim fingers, more so than most people. My thumb fits in and out without a problem, and that's why I never thought anything of it. It's just that this time it caught up with me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
Even If this happened to me...I probably wouldn't admit it.

Might be time to get a Tapco 6 position collapsible stock to ensure future digit safety
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
We Salute you.......

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKMan434:
I got my thumb stuck while trying to get out the cleaning kit in my AK.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:37:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:

I got my thumb stuck while trying to get out the cleaning kit in my AK.

HAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:48:51 PM EDT by legonas]
a guy around the net called "battlecloth" makes a pouch for your sling to carry the cleaning kit in. i have one and its great. dont get it stuck again this way

i use AK cleaning kits to clean all my rifles, and keep lots of spares around.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:50:10 PM EDT
Don't put cleaning kit in buttstock. Don't use AK cleaning kit, buy a good one.

I wanted to test exactly what you did and now I have a cleaning kit stuck in a buttstock of my AK-74.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:54:59 PM EDT
I honestly don't see what is so funny and hilarious about this. One sadistic jackass finds it funny and like sheep everyone else follows. It was a mistake and thats that. I just posted it to see if this ever happened to anyone else before. Probably the majority of you don't use the cleaning kit in the buttstock like me, and if you did, you would understand and not be acting like a bunch of asshats.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:

I wanted to test exactly what you did and now I have a cleaning kit stuck in a buttstock of my AK-74.

You did'nt happen to get your thumb stuck in there too........................did you?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:58:52 PM EDT
AK,

Don't let these guys goof on you, I would almost guarantee anyone that has owned an AK has gotten bit by that stupid trapdoor. Usually just bit, most of the time you can get that finger out with only a bit of pain (both to your ego and finger.)

You know, same same goes for the SKS.

Anyway, I use the cleaning kit every time I have an off bench range session, I enjoy cleaning my AK in the field. Lends to the whole flavor. I use a cartridge to push open the trapdoor allowing that evil cylindrical cleaning kit to pop out. Keep those fingers outta there! Then to get it back in there place the cleaning kit into the buttstock, whack it with your palm to bury it outta sight into the buttstock.

Here is another thing sure to bring down the wrath of many purists. I run a black oxide circular key ring through the hole in the cleaning rod, makes it super easy to remove the rod from the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:05:36 PM EDT
OK confession time,I've not only got my index finger stuck it the trap door but at the range last month,I pulled the bolt back till it would hang open on the hammer,stuck my finger in the action to feel the feed ramp and the bolt slammed closed!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:11:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 3:41:23 PM EDT by HUNGARYAN]
Dam you John!

I thought my M1 thumb (edit) was bad!

Edit: Doh, then there was that one time at band camp!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:18:23 PM EDT
Don't feel bad. I got my index finger hung for a minuet or so. A buddie of mine got his finger stuck in a SKS stock deal and was hung up for and hour or so. It happens. Them damn commies knew we westerners could resist shoveing our digits in there. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:19:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JOHNO:

You didn't happen to get your thumb stuck in there too........................did you?

No, almost got a finger stuck, though. The bad thing was it was a stock off an Arsenal with torx screws in the buttstock so I had to go find my torx attachments.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 3:24:15 PM EDT by Templar]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:30 PM EDT
Sumna b*tch!

Those clever lil guys!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:33 PM EDT
Yeah boss, I can't make it to work today. I've got a rifle stuck on my hand.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:26:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:52:14 PM EDT
I "almost" got stuck "once" a long time ago, after that I started using my pinky to get it out. By the way, it's funny because a lot of us know how it feels to get caught in the "monkey trap" ...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:31:22 PM EDT
Now we know why all those Hajis are running around without buttstocks on their AKs!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:42:12 PM EDT
wtf.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:44:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
wtf.

Don't act innocent Mark,its happened to you too!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:42 PM EDT

Just now, I got my thumb stuck while trying to get out the cleaning kit in my AK. I could not get it out no matter what I did. My thumb was pinned inbetween the stock and the cleaning kit. So, I decided that I would have to cut up the stock. It was a hard desicion but a necessary one. So I took the stock off and had my buddy cut it in half. I pulled the spring out, but the cleaning kit was so well pinned between the stock and my thumb that it still did not want to come out. By the grace of God, I was finally able to pull my finger out. This all took a total of about 20 minutes and left me with a bruised thumb. This is odd in that I have pulled out the cleaning kit hundreds of times before, and nothing happened. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

? Cut the stock? Why didnt you remove the buttplate?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:56:14 PM EDT
I gotta fess-up that I almost got my finger stuck in the buttstock of an SKS about 15 years ago - in a gun store. Luckily, I was able to free it before someone noticed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:58:44 PM EDT
went to fix a round in the chamber of a 1911. when i moved the round, the slide relase, well released. got my pretty good
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:09:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HUNGARYAN:
Sumna b*tch!

Those clever lil guys!

www.hunt101.com/img/364762.jpg

that one set me off, i can't stop laughing now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:22:26 PM EDT
I dont use my finger i use my tongue to get the cleaning kit out, works rather well I may add Seriously though we're just messing with you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:26:18 PM EDT

I honestly don't see what is so funny and hilarious about this. Onetwo sadistic jackasses find it funny and like sheep everyone else follows. It was a mistake and thats that. I just posted it to see if this ever happened to anyone else before. Probably the majority of you don't use the cleaning kit in the buttstock like me, and if you did, you would understand and not be acting like a bunch of asshats.

If I did it I wouldnt be posting it on the largest AK site on the net........Or any where on the net or even told anyone about it. I would have just chocked it up to experience and been done with it. Were all having a laugh about it, Calm down! If you cant take the heat dont stick your thumb in holes you cant get it out of.
Any chance you have it on video? That would make americas funniest home videos. "Um...hey man I think my fingers stuck in here.......No watch out man its loaded.............Get the hack saw.......Hold my beer"

went to fix a round in the chamber of a 1911. when i moved the round, the slide relase, well released. got my pretty good

Something like this happened to me at the range last time. I was firing a buddys .45 which kept jamming while feeding. It Jammed I turned it up a little to about a 45 degree angle to look into the ejection port and it slam fired, immdeiately scaring the CRAP out of me. I told him he should not fire the weapon again untill he gets it fixed. Didnt get any fingers caught anyhere but came close enought to shooting me in the face to make me have to go to the bathroom and pull my underwear out of my butt.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:28:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
Hey AKman, this is what you need to do:

In the next GD contest for a free membership, cite this story, and say the reason you should be picked is that you can put in your sig "The guy who cut his AK off his hand"

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:53:45 PM EDT
I own a lot of AK's. Every AK I own that has a buttstock cleaning kit compartment has a cleaning kit in it because that's thet way it's "supposed" to be. Period.

Now..........ask me why I always pop them out (whenever I do) with my LITTLE pinky finger??

There..........feel better? Although I never EVER had to saw a buttstock in half...............
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:06:12 PM EDT

Sumna b*tch!

Those clever lil guys!

dear penthouse,

you won't believe this, but..
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 9:43:43 PM EDT by BulletBait]
I got my thumb caught in there once. Got it out with by using a screwdriver to push up the trapdoor while pushing my thumb farther in to stop the edge of the door biteing in, then pulled it out.

OBTW: I laughed at my self after so...

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:50:48 PM EDT

Sumna b*tch!

Those clever lil guys!

It's actually just like that. You get stuck and have the urge to pull out making it worse. But actually you should go deeper to get out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:02:46 PM EDT
I too once got my index finger stuck in my SAR2 stock, but I managed to get it out with out damaging anything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:28:00 AM EDT
Holy crap, that's hilarious! I think guys are laughing 'cause everyone's come close to doing the same thing!

I'll share some of my asshat moments.. I took a buddy to the range last week who had never touched a gun in his life. I had a Makarov and I was showing him to keep his hands below the slide, then when I retracted the slide to show him how it would be flying back, it sliced my knuckle open. My hand is bleeding and I'm like "see, that's what can happen.." hahaha

Another time I was messing with a ParaOrd LDA - the hammer was coming back so easily, I stuck my finger in there to catch it, and when the mainspring hit, it pinched the shit out of my finger. I got it out and it was bleeding.. The shop owner was sitting there laughing and said I was like the 3rd person to do that. (I know these guys well - they wouldn't have let a customer off the street nail their finger - just the regulars..)

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:43:28 PM EDT

I got one stuck a while back.. It's a bitch. Mine was a Romy kit and a KVAR buttstock.

Ended up holding open the trapdoor with an empty case and slamming the buttstock on a workbench until the kit popped out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:51:49 PM EDT
Why would you clean an AK?
Top Top