Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:38:27 AM EDT
I know it is their company, but why must Tapco make all it's parts "TO THE MAX!!!"? I would think they could easily make more traditional furniture and make a killing. Kvar needs some competition IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Tapco's SAW AK pistol grip. Very comfortable to shoot with.

Tapco used to carry alot of parts and standard stocks. I think those times are done.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know it is their company, but why must Tapco make all it's parts "TO THE MAX!!!"? I would think they could easily make more traditional furniture and make a killing. Kvar needs some competition IMHO.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
+2  K-VAR definitely needs some competition...from the consumer's position.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to know why they don't make a left side folder?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to know why they found it necessary to raise their prices so drastically.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Tapco used to carry alot of parts and standard stocks. I think those times are done.

I am new to the Dark Side. I didn't know they used to make conventional stocks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
How many Ar parts for Ak can they sell? I wouldn't think the market could be but so good for so long. I mean, the stuff works, but it just seems like a gimmick to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
My buddy put so many hoo-hahs and widgets on his poor Krebs that I can hardly tell if there's a rifle under there anymore.

He also traded my  old 1911 for his less-than-200-rounds-fired CZ75, which he bought while stationed in Germany and has German proof marks. How cool is that? (It has become my favorite pistol since I tuned the trigger.)

Me thinks he doth need his head examined (or just get an AR).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
And now it  is spreading to  Cetme.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am new to the Dark Side. I didn't know they used to make conventional stocks.

I don't think they really ever made too many AK stocks but they used to be the palce to go to get FAL parts, stocks, and accesories. I whish the owuld put out a normal looking FAL handguard with a heat shield instead of all that space gun crap.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone should email this thread to Tapco, not that it'd do any good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 on this whole thread. As far as i'm concerned tapco stock parts dont even exist.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I whish the owuld put out a normal looking FAL handguard with a heat shield instead of all that space gun crap.

Guy I know at the range showed me an FAL with a very cool plastic handguard. Same shape as the traditional metal but in a very tough looking polymer. He said it came on the gun when he bought it second-hand, so he didn't know the maker.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Tapco sells a lot of cosmetic pimp shit, which in reality, sells.  It's cheap and their profit margin is high.

Go over to the AR side and check out all the pimped out AR's.  It's an abomination in my eyes at least.  I'm sorry to see it spread to the AK's etc.  I think it started out with SKS's in the mid 90's.  So many idiots buying $99 SKS's at gun shows then loading them up with at least that much crap.  They should have just bought an AK when Norinco MAK 90's were selling for $200

What sells sells.  Supply and demand.  

At least there's some of us that don't contribute to the demand.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
So is Kvar the only maker of "non-pimp" Us made Ak stuff?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top