Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:58:00 PM EDT
I've been lurking here for a while because I'm looking for ideas for a AK conversion to a Saiga-12 shotgun.

I am curious as to why people are converting the 7.62x39 Saigas to AK profile. Aren't there other Russian AK variants available ?

I'm not trying to start something . Just curious. You guys do amazing work here BTW.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:06:38 PM EDT
Well it is because the Quality is very good and much better than Romanian in my opinian and cheaper than an Arsenal and lighter than the Vepr and the Saiga can take all the various AK stocks made no problem and I just like to play with stuff. If I was going to try to make it look like a traditional AK I would just buy a Global trades or an Arsenal because from what I have seen and read the change out to the traditional front hand gaurd is a pain but people do it because they want a Russian rifle. I prefer the Galil look my self so that is what I did with mine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:44:55 AM EDT
Izhmash Quality.

It's Russian in Origin.............

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 6:59:39 PM EDT by CitizenSoldier]

Originally Posted By 762hurts:
Izhmash Quality.

Done right it is as close as you will get to the current russian export rifle.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:34:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CitizenSoldier:

Originally Posted By 762hurts:
Izhmash Quality.

Done right it is as close as you will get to the current russian export rifle.

My point exactly.

Even without the dimples that everyone puts so much stock in.

I'd prefer to have my 20plus real Izhmash Saiga 30rd polymer mags with original Saiga mag well minus bullet guide. With so many mags. I do NOT need an AK mag conversion.
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top