Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2005 12:16:09 PM EDT
I've got videos of people bumpfireing and I've read how to do it, but I tried today and I can't get it to work. I even put my finger in my belt loop but it still wouldn't work. It only fires one time. It's a WASR 10. Anybody else have this problem?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a waste of ammo, stick with aimed shots.  Try to look mature and professional not like some 12yo jacking off.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember asking your opinion?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
just practice. keep your finger tight and keep pulling forward with the gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I did but it seems that there is not enough recoil (next to none).
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a lighter trigger pull will help?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
i have no problems bumping my wsar, it should have a fine trigger pull.
keep trying. you'll get it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Try it with the stock on your WASR folded (if its a folder) I could do mag dumps like that with mine. Hah, the ATF came and had to check out my guns after i did that; they thought it was auto. Dont hold it soo low like at your belt. Keep the pistol grip above your belt and hold it tight. Just keep practicing, i did it with a stock WASR too so it is possible. I really learned how much those slant breaks help! I did a 7-10 round burst, put it into a car size area from about 50-75 yards. Took it off, did a 4 round burst; it jumped soo hard the first round hit the bottom of the berm i was shooting into, the second hit about 6' up, the third about 12' and the 4th went over! Keep something on there!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a birdcage brake on it. Do you think that affected it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its a waste of ammo, stick with aimed shots.  Try to look mature and professional not like some 12yo jacking off.

i dont know about you, but "looking mature and professional" is not usually my GOAL when i go to the range.

My goal is to have fun, hone my skills, and be safe doing it.

Agreed Have fun bump firing its a blast..
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont think bump firings real safe. But who wat it that was bumping that ar from the shoulder like it was full auto.....Now that was some bad A** S**T. Wish I could do that with the AK.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems that rifles that are well broken in, or that have had trigger work done (trigger # pull reduced, creep reduced, etc.) bump fire much MUCH easier.

Polish your Fire Control Group, and you'll not only improve your trigger feel on single shots, you'll be bumpin' like a PRO!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Now, there's a way to get help in the future....  

..;.or just post some star wars character pictures , labled as "Campybo......   nevermind....

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never had any problem bumping with any of my varied fcg's.  I have Tapco's, Century's, and even the original Gordon Tech's fire control groups.  I takes a little practice, but it's easy once you get the hang.  When I originally started doing it I would anchor my trigger finger to my hip, by my belt just to maintain the position of the trigger finger.  Once you get that mastered you can almost bump from the shoulder.  I don't see anything unsafe about bumping if you are close enough to your backstop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I dont think bump firings real safe. But who wat it that was bumping that ar from the shoulder like it was full auto.....Now that was some bad A** S**T. Wish I could do that with the AK.....

I've learned to do that from my shoulder using my middle finger. Took a while but I can get it to fire very fast. I need to get someone to record it. I'm pretty impressed with it myself.

I love when guys come to the range with thousand dollar MGs and I break out my 300 dollar Romy AK with 75 dollar chinese drum and get the same effect. It's priceless.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The gentleman that can bump his AR and drain mags from his shoulder gave me  this hint last month.  I now can drain any AK mag/drum & AR  - and I've greatly improved from the shoulder bumping 5 rnd bursts - got to start somewhere...

OIL the hell out of your FCG!  DRIPPING DRIPPING DRIPPING.  Swinger sewing machine oil was what he recommended.  You'll have your gun smoking in no time!  Trust me.

Good Luck - Just be safe and have fun.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't remember asking your opinion?hr

hereharacter
hr

I'm 44 and I don't play kiddie games. I speak my mind.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
bump firing IS for 12 year old jackoffs
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bump firing IS for 12 year old jackoffs

no MY e-penis is bigger.

Not right now cause I'm looking at the BOTD thread!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The gentleman that can bump his AR and drain mags from his shoulder gave me  this hint last month.  I now can drain any AK mag/drum & AR  - and I've greatly improved from the shoulder bumping 5 rnd bursts - got to start somewhere...

OIL the hell out of your FCG!  DRIPPING DRIPPING DRIPPING.  Swinger sewing machine oil was what he recommended.  You'll have your gun smoking in no time!  Trust me.

Good Luck - Just be safe and have fun.

I'm glad it worked for you.  You can see now how tight the action on an AR can be when not liberally lubed.  There are still many factors that affect a weapon's "bumpibility" but this is probably the most overlooked.

Hope you had fun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Well bumping and shooting over the berm dosen't sound too safe
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i dont know about you, but "looking mature and professional" is not usually my GOAL when i go to the range.

Bumpfiring is the fastest way to get kicked out of my range.  Just seems like a waste of money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well bumping and shooting over the berm dosen't sound too safe

I guess whether it's safe depends on where you live and where you shoot
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bumpfiring is the fastest way to get kicked out of my range.  Just seems like a waste of money.

Not a waste of money at all to me.  I love to bump fire.   Ps.....It's not a thing for the Range.  Bump fire is for a nice secluded spot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Bumping is fun, and if you can keep it in a controlled pattern, I don't see anything unsafe about it. As for it being a waste of money...well...it may be, but that's not your business, that the business of the guy buying the ammo. Don't tell me what kind of car to drive, don't tell me what kind of gun to buy, and don't tell me how much ammo I can burn up!

I can bump my AR and my AK-74 from the shoulder. I've yet to try it from the shoulder with my 7.62 AKs. Some even say bump firing is a practical and effective (for Zombie attacks and the like) shooting technique, if properly mastered. I doubt it, I think you're better off mastering your ability to quickly regain your target picture and fire another shot. But Bumping is fun and you'd be surprised as to how good you can do it if you practice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, there's a way to get help in the future....  

..;.or just post some star wars character pictures , labled as "Campybo......   nevermind....

I'm 44 and I don't play kiddie games. I speak my mind.

I wasn't playing games when I was 44, either....but "44" was no immunity from acting like an idiot.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top