Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:12:19 AM EDT
Why the heck are Krinkovs so expensive!!??  Your getting ALOT LESS bang for your buck in my opinion!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say because there are not that many going around.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess (someone confirm this though...) is that there are significantly fewer in the international market. The other thing is the huge coolness factor here in the US. So, since they are in much less supply than say a standard AKM kit, and they are so cool, price goes up.

I honestly don't know why short little rifles turn us on so much. Probably in the same software that makes men like the curves of a woman.

Who cares, just go with it....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't find any Krink kits for sale, full auto, semiauto paperwork takes a while....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Supply and demand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Supply and demand.

there ya go..........I remember when you can buy the AKS-74U kits for around 300 bucks, and that was expensive. now that they are not available the prices dramatically rise, even if you can find one for sale.

just look at everything else that was once realiatively inexpensive.......I recall the M2 tripod for the 1919 was around 150-200 bucks, and nobody wanted them...........1919 became very plentiful and now those tripod are in demand, but the supply is low, so they are in the 600 dollar plus range.

same with the M1918 belt loader, you couldn't give them away a few years ago.........now they are in the 800 dollar range,  and people are snatching them up as soon as they hit the for sale section within a couple of hours
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Bulgie Krink.  I really like it, but I am just not a big fan of the fake can.  I really dont want to go through the agravation of getting my SBR.  I may try to trade it for two normal size AKs
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bulgie Krink.  I really like it, but I am just not a big fan of the fake can.  I really dont want to go through the agravation of getting my SBR.  I may try to trade it for two normal size AKs
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody that owns a short one would understand.    Its super handy.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Osama bought them all to model with
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a Bulgie Krink.  I really like it, but I am just not a big fan of the fake can.  I really dont want to go through the agravation of getting my SBR.  

it isn't that big of a aggravation, 2 copies of the form 1, 2 passport photos, 2 FD-258 and 2 copies of 5330-20 and 200 bucks.......you already have it built, just a matter of waiting for the approved form 1 to come back and you can take the can off. AKS-74U have more of a coolness factor then a regular AKM.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyon waited for the AWB to end, but I had a sneaky suspicion that all the parts were gonna dry up, and I spent a little more (spread out over about a year) it got approved just before the AWB sunsetted, now you can do it with all the pre ban features, but NO PARTS....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top