Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:52:04 PM EDT
A have a weird off the wall question, with all the parts kits out there someone will have to mock up a prototype, submit it to BATF and wait for approval, I' m sure that process is not free.....but my question is who thought up the use of a flat steel sheet to be bent into an AK receiver and how hard was it to get approved, was there an inventor of the FLAT ????...I know of a guy that did it with the sten, emiautosten.com but is there a claim to fame for any other guns that the parts kits are so readily available
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 11:40:24 PM EDT by Sukebe]
I wouldn't know who came up with the first AK flat or the idea to make one. But 80% receivers for other firearms have been around for a long time. Coming up with one for an AK wasn't quite a paradigam shift in firearms technology.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
Coming up with one for an AK wasn't quite a paradigam shift in firearms technology.

yea no kidding, but somebody that still out there had something to do with it..........bet you ass if I spend the funds and send in a prototype and spend $$$ to get those Suomi's up and running, the goods needed will be sold by me and priced fairly, so I can recoup some of the initial costs
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:08:36 AM EDT
The now defunct FAC (AKA gun-n-things) was the first one I know of to offer flats.
They had them at least 3 or 4 years ago and got $50 a pop for them.

AFAIK, Robert Ibe offered the first bent blanks.
Top Top