Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:29:40 PM EDT
Well boys, I've got three kits on the way:  5.45 Krink from KVAR  7.62 Krink from ORF and an AK 74 kit from ORF.  Which one first is my problem.  I'm thinking about the AK kit, only b/c I'm not at my permanent duty station yet in SC.  Any thoughts..............
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
you going to do it yourself or send them off to like INRANGE?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the Krinks are DEFINATELY goin to INRANGE.  I'd like to do the build of the AK with some help or, if I can't find any, it'll go to INRANGE also.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You have excellent tastes, my man!  

If you're gonna do it yourself and have never built an AK before, buy a Romy for <$100 and do that first.  Next least difficult would be the '74, then probably the K-var krink (only because it has already been assembled/headspaced).

In my experience, the 47's have a lot of slop/tolerance in them and are hard to screw up.  The '74's have a lot less slop but are much sweeter, then the Krinks which are uber cool.  Gotta have your shit together to do a 74 and/or krink..
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
is your AK-74 kit a fixed stock one?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah it's fixed stock.  Maybe in the near future, I'll get a folder.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top