Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:00:27 PM EDT
Ok I purchased two different red dots tonight. On is a BUSHNELL trophy. It is water proof and had 11 settings. Also you can choose from 4 different dots...a real small dot, bigger dot, crosshairs, or a dot with a circle around it. One thing I don't like about it...it is not that big around. Making it harder to aim on. Paid $99.

I was at walmart with some buddies and they had a BSA that looked exactly like the simmons I was gonna buy at Dicks sporting goods but they were out of them. It has 11 settings but just a small dot. But seems to work fine. Focuses good and I think it looks alittle better on the gun since it is bigger around. I'm assuming it isn't waterproof. It was $29.99

This is going on a MAK90 with an ultimak mount. Do you think they will both zero in well or do you think the BSA will be junk? I know both probably aren't that great but I can't afford to drop 2-3 hundred dollars on a really badass red-dot. I'm sure most of you understand
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I kinda figured the BSA would be junk. I like the size though. It is kinda nice. But I will probably keep the bushnell incase it gets rained on while hunting. Plus the bushnell is fog proof and has a lifetime warranty. Compared to the 1 year warranty the BSA has. I may go ahead and try them both out but the BSA will probably go back. The bushnell function are pretty nice.

Do you have any problems getting on target with the bushnell? Is it a lot more accurate than using open sites?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope no sight rail...were would their be a site rail at on an AK stock? I haven't seen one in person like that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
On the left side of the gun there could be a wierd mount thing.  Most modern AKs come with them now.  You're mak may be god knows how old.  

Friend bought one of those chinese BSA scopes and had problems with it keeping a zero on a .22 so I doubt you're going to have any good luck on an AK.

Take both scopes back and take the cash you paid and buy a tacpoint.  They are good quality stuff.

I prefer the ultimak to a side mount scope.  Not as bulky and works great with these no magnification optics.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
My MAK doesn't have the side mount. Buddies WSAR-10 does though. How much are the tacpoints?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
$120-$140.

Depends on how good a deal you get.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Any idea where I can find one at? Found one for 110$ with 1 mount or 120$ for 2 mount.

I may go ahead and order one. And take my others back. You sure they are better than the bushnell? Just wondering because I have never heard of them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Sick,

I've got two BSA's mounted on a SAR1 & Bulgy 74, both perform flawless. Got em' at Walmart for $30 each. I've had Aimpoints that failed, NC Stars failed too. I'm happy with the Cheapo's so far.
Get what makes you feel best, then you can't blame anyone but yourself, good luck.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a BSA "satin finish" on my stainless 10/22. Holds it's zero and works great on the nocturnal critters on my property. Do I expect a $30 BSA to survive a 4' drop on concrete... Nope. I'm only out 30 bucks.

Besides, if I drop my BSA on concrete, I'm not worried about the sight, I'm worried about what's attached to it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats what I was thinking. I don't plan on dropping anything but I guess it could happen. When I get my ultimak I may try both the ones I have now and see which one I want to keep.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not out for spending lots of cash on shit but considering the BSA red dot track record I wouldnt buy one.  

The tac points are basically a very cheap aimpoint.  Its good stuff.  I would expect it to take a 4' drop and not lose its zero.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I took the BSA back. I cannot find the tacpoints in stock anywhere. I am gonna hang on to the bushnell and give it a try until I can find a tacpoint in stock. I like the flip up covers on the tacpoint 2...pretty sweet
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top