Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 6:49:19 PM EDT
I just got a new AK and so using the same ammo excuse (married) I can probably squeeze an SKS out of the deal. I was thinking Yugo but, my understanding is that they are not chrome lined. I would prefer chrome lined. What about parts interchangeability? I have also seen lots of Norincos around here. Are their barrels chrome lined? What about their parts interchangebility?
Tnaks alot
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The chinese and russians are chrome lined.  If you just want to have an sks, go with a chinese one to save money.  I have owned chinese, russian and now yugo.  I really found the russian ones to be very well built and better fit and finish.  I am sure there is someone that will disagree with me, so I will state that this is just my opinion after having played with these things for the past 10 years.  The russians are a little more, but I think the nicest ones in my collection.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Norinco SKS the best
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Chinese make the bast AKs and SKS.

IMHO
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you are shooting a lot of corrosive ammo and not cleaning the bore, the Yugo SKS is a great buy.  Don't let the lack of chrome scare you away.

It's built like a tank and the price is right.  Buy now while price is cheap.  The supply won't last forever.

I rememeber Chinese SKS's at the fun shows for $69.95 and you got to handpick it out of a crate of 10.  Now they sell for $150 on up.

And yes... I have one.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Chinese make the bast AKs and SKS.

IMHO

what are you talking about?  The Chinese ones are nice but certainly not the best.  At one time the Russian SKS's and AK's were considered the best, but I don't know these days.  The newer Russian stuff I have seen looks like crap.  I have a Yugo SKS and the machining, fit and finish and by far better than my Russina or Chinese SKS.

For the guy here looking to get a SKS, I'd recommend a Yugo SKS.  They are very nice and shoot very well and you can't beat the price.  Yes, the Yugo's are not chrome lined but that should'nt be a big concern as long as you stay away from the corrosive ammo and keep it clean! If you want a Chinese one try to find a older one, the fit and finish on the older Chinese SKS's is much better than the ones that they tried to bang out as many as they could before Klinton stoppped them from coming to the US.  The Russian ones are nice but the price is usally around the $350 range.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Of the SKS' I have the Russian SKS has the best fit and finish.  For shooting fun and reliability I have had no problem with the Russian, Yugo or Chinese.

I have no experience with the Romanian and Albanian SKS'.  I'm still looking for those.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Of the SKS' I have the Russian SKS has the best fit and finish.  For shooting fun and reliability I have had no problem with the Russian, Yugo or Chinese.

I have no experience with the Romanian and Albanian SKS'.  I'm still looking for those.

I have a Russian rebulit, early 50's SKS , if I compare it to my Yugo SKS, there is a big difference in fit and finish.  Maybe it's because my Russki is a arsenal rebuild and not oroginal. On another note........
+1 on the Romanian and Albanian SKS's!  I need those for my collection too!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top