Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 4:06:28 PM EDT
Don't want a kit gun. It sounds like the MGS, and SOG's are and the Inter Ordnance are original. I've seen several other vendors selling and they don't seem to know what they have. Let me know what you got and from where at what price. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:37:48 PM EDT
I've got a SOG PSL, it's a kit build. I think almost everything you'll find are kits these days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:07:23 AM EDT
I saw an ad from inter ordnance and they said they where original. Also talke to sog and they said theirs were origianl too. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:34:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By StreetTrends:
I saw an ad from inter ordnance and they said they where original. Also talke to sog and they said theirs were origianl too. Thanks.

Please note that a kit IS an original that was just rebuilt on a different receiver. My SOG PSL had a k-var import sticker on the upper handguard when I got it. Maybe it was a kit gun, maybe not. But the etching on it is definately not Romanian unless they have a new city called Tennessee (I'm from TN BTW).
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:29:08 AM EDT
I do know a parts kit is original minus the receiver. I have heard different stories that tennessee guns builds them out of kits. But I have heard that there are originals still up for sale. And when I say original I don't mean demilled and built on a romanian receiver in the U.S. Even the originals will have some importation mark like tennessee guns, or who ever imports them. That is what I'm trying to find all original gun that was completey built and assembled in romania. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:02 AM EDT
The one I have, came from SOG. Looked OK but it needed alot of fine tuning before it would shoot. I had to hand fit all the spare mags, remove burrs from the rails, polish the bottom of the bolt. The side rail lloked ike somebody took a diegrinder to it and when the scope is mounted and the windage maxed out, it still won't shoot point of aim. I'll keep it as I use it for demos at local National Guard Units. BTW, does anyone kow where I can get the side rail repaired or replaced?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:02:45 PM EDT
K-var has the side rails
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:02:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:34:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:36:40 AM EDT by StreetTrends]
Well it is and its not. Yeah the receiver is romainian and I don't know how they serial number the things since most ak's just carry the serial number on the trunion. But it could be an issue if joeblow built the gun. Since some people say they have had problems with their guns and scope alignment I don't really find this a moot subject. Not to mention the american parts. Don't know about you but I kinda like a factory trigger versus a cheap ass century. Trigger slap ain't fun. So back to my point if anyone knows if there are any 100% factory made guns for sale (minus bayo lug) let me know. Oh yeah I've already got enough kits to build. I would like to have something to shoot right out of the box. Plus not many kit guns go up in value.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:43:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:14:39 PM EDT
Thats what I was wanting, So IO does offer all romanian guns. I have built several ak's so I know what is involed. But from what I understand. I thought it could not have anymore than 10 non-american parts if it was a kit gun. The reason I mentioned century triggers was the fact that most cheap kit guns use those triggers to keep parts cost down. I know alot of it is marketing and bs, that is why I am asking. I can build a gun or buy a kit gun cheaper, but kinda like to keep and buy some origanal stuff as well.
Top Top