Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:40:12 AM EDT
Hi All,
I'm considering installing a tritium night sight on my SAM-5. It appears meprolight and Ameriglo manufacture these products for AKs. Which do you recommend? Actually, I may just install a tritium front sight post with a mojo rear sight...

Meprolight: http://www.meprolight.com
Ameriglo: http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/brochure.pdf
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Also check out XS Sight Systems. They have a great AK tritium front sight post.

www.xssights.com

I have one but can't decide which gun to put it on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Meps....Tritium front and rear....vertical green bar front and 2 dot rear green.
Also...Did'nt matter what direction the front sight tritium landed on for elevation because the tritium element is spring loaded...Simply pull up and twist to face you...
Only issue was getting the front on...Need to modify a nut driver because the standered front sight tool's slot was too small.
Now that it is installed...I love it.
I did look at XS but I wanted a rear tritium  to compliment the front.
Another option.....Fiber optic.
Hi-viz AR15 frontHiviz
with this adapter to fit your AK...I have one of these and WOW.
AK47/M16 front sight windage stud
I REALLY like the fiber optic compared to tritium...But the tritium was first before I found out I could use an AR front.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top