Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:54 PM EST
Anyone know? One that won't require tooling on my part.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:45:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:47:31 PM EST by Quarterbore]
Every AK build will require some tooling... The easiest and best receiver is likely OOW: www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/akm/akm.htm.

As for easy kits to build, the kits with the barrel still pressed into the front trunion are pretty darned easy to build with screws using basic tools and skills. If you can weld, that is even easier based on what I had seen at a recent build party... Rivet builds require a fair amount of extra work and tools!

The big thing with an underfolder is the location of the serial number... OOW puts the serial number on the bottom of the receiver while other manufactures have the serial number where you have to cut for the underfolder....

Good Luck!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:53:33 AM EST
Firing Line has a milled underfolding recceiver. If it's anything like the standard milled reciever I used for a build, it's top notch stuff. Expensive but very nice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Firing Line has a milled underfolding recceiver. If it's anything like the standard milled reciever I used for a build, it's top notch stuff. Expensive but very nice.

This? www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/page2.html

If so, will that work with a Russian underfolder parts kit?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:16:24 PM EST
If you just want an OOW receiver, over on the Hometown Forum we are trying to get people together to order from OOW through Derek at AZEXARMS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:49:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mak:
If you just want an OOW receiver, over on the Hometown Forum we are trying to get people together to order from OOW through Derek at AZEXARMS.

Link? I'd be in (depending on price) as long as they are "underfolder-ready" receivers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:52:31 AM EST
Global Trades will be selling underfolder receivers soon.
Top Top