Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/9/2007 7:04:00 AM EDT
Well I just realized something....I'm half polish....I should embrace that half of my family and get a polish AK ...Ok shut up it's another excuse to buy a gun Where can I get a parts kit at a good price. I'm thinking I'll get it as an underfolder. I'll have 1 Romanian G as a fixed stock. The other Romy parts kit might get sold to fund the polish kit, or I'll build it...don't know yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 9:58:15 AM EDT
Copes. Before they run out. I got one from them 1-2 months ago, and it was in great condition.

www.copesdist.com/partskits.htm
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:43:29 AM EDT
yoza....299 a kit is pretty steep. Add in another $116 for the receiver (FFL fee included) and $55 in US compliance parts and rivets. Thats a $470 AK!!! ROFL thats about what my 2 Romy's are costing me. Man now I kinda wish I only had gotten the 1 receiver instead of 2. Looks like I might have to sell the one kit to help fund a polish kit
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 11:40:37 AM EDT
Yup....Romy kits are cheap cheap cheap....none of the other ones are
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:47:56 PM EDT
+1 For the Polish kits from Copes. I got mine last week (its a 1987) and the finish is just amazing. If I am careful enough I may only have to refinish the new receiver. I also hesitated on the $299 price, but now that I have it, its more than worth the cost. Much better fit, finish and appearance than my Romy build.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 9:23:41 AM EDT
Thats why you bend your own flat and dont buy a receiver..... Thats almost like cheating :-)

$299 parts kit
$50 for the compliance kit
$40 for the flat and rails
$10 for the rivet set.

Total cost after shipping too

$419

------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 on the Romy's and the NEW premium flats. Those are amazing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 2:24:17 PM EDT
Military Gun Supply has Polish UF listed for $249, .....oops guess not anymore!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 6:35:03 PM EDT
Copes does include accessories at that price. And his kits, in my experience, are excellent.

I have built two Polish UFs on AKBuilder flats now with the grip plates and usual compliance parts. Both are outstanding rifles.

I alternate between getting NDS receivers and AKBuilder flats in my building hobby. The NDS are so good they spoil me. They make it almost too easy to build. The AKBuilder flats take alot of work, but you wind up with a finished product that is excellent. If I'm careful, I can approach NDS quality in all but the full heat treating they do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:48:48 PM EDT
Also try M&A Parts, they are a bit under Copes, good kits. Saw one at a build party this morning, good shape.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:54:01 PM EDT
Can't find their link, what is their website (M&A's)? Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 4:51:24 PM EDT by aperdue]
http://www.m-aparts.com/

Google is your friend

ETA: I dont see anything great about their prices. The only AK kit I see is a ROMY-G and they want 185 for it
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:40:08 PM EDT
O.K. I am 100% Polish! I am using that as an excuse..so the chances of me getting a Polish underfolder is 100%! What receiver should I get folks?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:16:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By woodlandwolf82362:
O.K. I am 100% Polish! I am using that as an excuse..so the chances of me getting a Polish underfolder is 100%! What receiver should I get folks?
There is a 100% chance that you should get a NDS-1P receiver by NoDakSpud
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:37:11 PM EDT
WOW! Awesome stuff..great selection

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:10:16 PM EDT
Yep. You can't go wrong using a NDS in your build.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:05:21 PM EDT
Anybody ordered kits from www.ftfindustries.com ? They have a few kits, I really wanted a nice polish tantal kit so I took a chance on them. I've searched around and have found little info about this company...we'll see how it looks when I receive the kit a in few days...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:34:55 PM EDT
Whatever it looks like, you better like it.
Quote from their site:

ALL PARTS SETS SOLD AS IS IN USED SURPLUS CONDITION
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN DESCRIPTION. ALL PARTS SET SALES ARE FINAL.
ANY QUESTIONS ON PARTS SET CONDITION OR COMPLETENESS
NEED TO BE ADDRESSED PRIOR TO BUYING
NO RETURNS REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
ON THESE ITEMS

No exchanges?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:38:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Richard257:
Whatever it looks like, you better like it.
Quote from their site:

ALL PARTS SETS SOLD AS IS IN USED SURPLUS CONDITION
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN DESCRIPTION. ALL PARTS SET SALES ARE FINAL.
ANY QUESTIONS ON PARTS SET CONDITION OR COMPLETENESS
NEED TO BE ADDRESSED PRIOR TO BUYING
NO RETURNS REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
ON THESE ITEMS

No exchanges?

Their prices seem high too. All that stuff warns me off 'em.

Copes, AKParts.com and DPH have all sent me great kits. AKParts,com's shipping was a bit high IMO. But their service was excellent and everything was very well packed. So I was cool with it. I wouldn't hesitate to order from any of these folks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:41:04 PM EDT
I'm kind of reluctant to order from akparts.com, not because of the service, because I don't want to have to pay the sales tax and the ship. I've had problems with this before with companies that are in my state. Its cheaper to buy stuff from out of state to get out of sales tax. Wish akparts was located closer to my town, I would just email them and drive to pick up some stuff...
Top Top