Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2003 11:49:34 AM EDT
Hello, I know nothing about AK's.  I want to buy an AK receiver and then buy a bulgarian or polish parts kit and semi auto parts to add to it.  

My question is what is the best AK receiver to build one of these parts kits on?  I want one that has a finish already, and all the stuff that it needs put on it.  Iv'e seen a few and they say needs rails or something, so it sounds like Id have to take it by a shop to finish.  

What I want is a finished receiver, that I simply buy the parts kit and put it together, without welding or bending or refinishing.

And I want a good quality one too. Thanks much
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had great results with ohio ordanince built 2 so far one was 4 hours start to finish 2nd one same but included break for lunch the more you make the easier they get.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh and I think I want a milled receiver. Ill check into ohio ordinance some more, I could find them on the net?  I read in another thread about having to buy a riveting machine, is that for building a receiver or what?

I shouldn't need any special tools if I buy  amilled rceiver right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
STamped Ohio Ord Works for $60, JoeKen for a Vulcan/Hesse for $40, or Firingline for a milled about $300 seem to be the options.

This is otherwise a Build It Yourself Forum question.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top