Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2003 7:32:07 PM EDT
Hey Krinkfreak,
I've been lurking here for quite a while and decided I have a need for a Krinkov. I don't want to shell out a grand right now, but thought maybe I should grab a kit while they last. I'd like your advice on what I need for a future ORF of InRange build. Thanks in advance, Eamonn Wright
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:26:32 AM EDT
Gentlemen, I too am in the exact same place. I want to get stated on an SBR Krink, and would like some opinions on the best way to get started on it. I'm thinking 5.45, so I can use my SAR2 mags, ammo etc.. I wish I'd gotten in on the ORF run, but I don't think they have any 5.45s left. Thanks for any and all help. -Eric
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:01:38 AM EDT
You guys cut it out! You're an evil influence. Delete these posts before you totally corrupt me.

BTW, what is the best starting point for a Krink?

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH­HHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:23:02 PM EDT
Anyone else feel free to jump in here with some advice. Thanks.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2003 9:08:35 PM EDT by drjarhead]

Originally Posted By EamonnWright:
Anyone else feel free to jump in here with some advice. Thanks.....

Okay.
Krink kit--try K-Var or Florida Gunworks
US made FCG--Recommend RSA
US made Pistol Grip--K-VAR
Receiver--Ohio Ordnance Works or Global is getting ready to crank out a fully heat treated rec one of these days

You need 6 US made parts including the fake suppressor. You could replace one with a gas piston if you can find one but the list above will give you all you need. Vemon is also making US manufactured handguards but are not cheap($110).

Other option is to go with a preban rifle and strip for the rec. Thus you would only need the rec and Krink kit. This way you could also have a folder. This is my current plan and I will register as SBR. I have EVERYTHING I need now except the form
I am also currently waiting on my OOW Krink coming from INRANGE. Hopefully one of these days. I want you guys to know that I now have 40 5.45 mags and nothing, yes NOTHING, to put them in!

Best starting point is the Krink kit. The rest are relatively cheap and easy to obtain as you go. Krink kit is about $400.
Get some mags too. Price on those is going to go up one of these days! Try KVAR for those.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:45:25 AM EDT
Exactly what Drjarhead stated.

You need to get the Krink kit first. If you had moved on this a year ago, you could have gotten in on one of The Chiefs $289 5.45 Krinkov Kits.....those are all dried up, and now he is in jail.

Let us know what you find.

KF
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:31:48 AM EDT
drjarhead, thanks for the info, this is just what I was looking for. KF, I wish I was a little quicker on the draw as well, re the Chief's Krink kit. Anyway, thanks again, this is a great board, and I'll advise on how I make out. In the mean time I'll keep drooling over those Krink pics posted here and elsewhere.
Regards,Eamonn Wright
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:09:56 AM EDT
I paid an extra $100 for my tardiness, [>Q] but I have a kit coming from K-Var.

Rick

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:34:19 PM EDT
Good job on getting the kit.

I remember when the chief first advertised his kits....."we scalp the competition."

Let us know how the build progresses.

KF
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:43:32 PM EDT
lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:10:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bandito:
I paid an extra $100 for my tardiness, [>Q] but I have a kit coming from K-Var.

Rick shootist.50megs.com/2guns.gif

Did you become a K-VAR Forum member first? If you did not, you missed out on a 10% discount ($40).
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2003 8:43:30 PM EDT by Raptor22]

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

Okay.
Krink kit--try K-Var or Florida Gunworks

Florida Gunworks:

www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=187&Category_Code=PK

K-Var:

www.k-var.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=211&1=214&2=-1&6=1

US made FCG--Recommend RSA

www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1

US made Pistol Grip--K-VAR

www.k-var.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=216&1=246&2=-1&6=1

Receiver--Ohio Ordnance Works or Global is getting ready to crank out a fully heat treated rec one of these days

Ohio Ordnance Works:

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts.htm

Global Trades:

www.globaltrades.com/companyinfo.html

You are better off calling them because they are very slow to answer emails.

You need 6 US made parts including the fake suppressor. You could replace one with a gas piston if you can find one but the list above will give you all you need. Vemon is also making US manufactured handguards but are not cheap($110).

A US made Krinkov gas piston is available from Krebs Custom Guns for $35:

www.krebscustom.com/CustomParts.html

Other option is to go with a preban rifle and strip for the rec. Thus you would only need the rec and Krink kit. This way you could also have a folder. This is my current plan and I will register as SBR. I have EVERYTHING I need now except the form
I am also currently waiting on my OOW Krink coming from INRANGE. Hopefully one of these days. I want you guys to know that I now have 40 5.45 mags and nothing, yes NOTHING, to put them in!

Best starting point is the Krink kit. The rest are relatively cheap and easy to obtain as you go. Krink kit is about $400.
Get some mags too. Price on those is going to go up one of these days! Try KVAR for those.

I have the same idea of using a preban. Too bad I did not buy any when they were in the $300 range. The Yugoslavian and Hungarian AKs were especially nice! I added some links. Damn you, HiramRanger! It is all your fault!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:58:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
Did you become a K-VAR Forum member first? If you did not, you missed out on a 10% discount ($40).

I've been a K-Var forum member for awhile and yes I took advantage of the discount.

Rick
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top