Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2005 3:24:44 PM EDT
actually a buddy of mine is looking for one.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

BTW, i did post this at the SKS board, but I wasn't getting any response there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Does such a beast exist?? I don't ever recall seeing one or ever hearing some talk about it....

Sorry man I don't think they make one. You would have to modify a AK47 drum or find someone who does that. Still sorry I can't help ya man.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My question is WHY? All the new production magazines for SKS's jam... The 10 rounder that comes with the rifle is more than apropriate for it.
Plus, such a thing does not exist... Unless you make your own.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
definately not the gun for it.
if you want to go the route of a drum, get an ak. its ment for the hicap mags to start with. the sks has more functionality problems with those duckbills than just about anything else i've ever seen. i'm trying to imagine how funky that would look even. lol.

tell him to get an ak and leave the sks as an sks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrong on both accounts, They exist and they were made by the chinese. They are regular 75 round Ak mags with a SKS feed tower spot welded to the top. My dad bought one years back for under $100 and it works great. USA detachables suck balls, but the chinese drum works 100%, as ours does. Maybe I can get a few pics up, if i'm not busy tonight of ours.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You cant touch them for less tha abou $250 any more.....most werent real dependable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You cant touch them for less tha abou $250 any more.....

True. I know where there is one and that's exactly what he wants for it. I've also seen them at shows for the same. Though I have one of the Chicoms for my AK and my AR, having one for my SKS doesn't really intrigue me. Something about putting a removal mag / drum on a rifle designed for a fixed mag just doesn't trip my trigger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Put an ad on the EE Stating:

WTT: SKS for AK Drum Mag...

Someone will trade you a drum for your SKS...
Then you can buy an AK, and you will be set!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Put an ad on the EE Stating:

WTT: SKS for AK Drum Mag...

Someone will trade you a drum got your SKS...
Then you can buy an AK and you will be set!!

KyARGuy

lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I think Kyarguy needs some sleep....Ha ha...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I have seen those drums at a few gunshows in the past. I have never understood why someone would spend as much(or more) on a drum as their rifle cost. BTW. Unless you bought a bunch of US compliant parts it would be illegal to put that drum on your gun anyway. From what I can remember those drums were detachable. For the money difference buy an AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top