Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:06:15 AM EDT
What's wrong with Ewbanks receivers? I just read a post where some guy is annoyed that his
new AK was built on a Ewbanks receiver. Thanks.

Sam
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The only thing wrong with it is its association with Joeken.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
seeing some Ewbanks in person there is much much more wrong than that
I'm not sure if it was a bad batch but they should have never left looking like they did.
warped to hell in just about every way
rails not aligned
and probably some other stuff I don't remember
I was going to order 2 to build Romies on but couldn't ever get them in
talking to a Gun Shop/Builder that I wanted to try some out and he started laughing and asked me if I have got any I said no he went to a box and pulled out a couple and I was happy as could be that for once there was a backorder that prevented me from getting what I had wanted
just my experience with them
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if a reputable builder put an AK together on one of their receivers, I'm sure it had to be in spec.
Honestly, I was more worried about inferior materials, or bad heat treating. The guy who was upset,
was upset when he found out that his Vector Arms AK was built on a Ewbanks receiver. From everything
I've heard about Vector, they build REALLY good AK's....

That guy was the first bash against Vector that I've been able to find.

Sam
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

They're not perfect, but they're not bad either. I did see a batch several months ago that had some warping during heat treat. Buy from Scott at DPH and you won't have to worry about it.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had to have 3 returned beacuse they were so out of shape. Gave up and bought Global Trades.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing wrong with them is they are hard to get right now.

Scott Is a stand up guy BTW
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
My Vector is built on a Ewbank reciever.  I have had no problems with it and everything appears to be in good working order.  I trust Vector, after all they are the ones that are going to replace it if there are problems with the rifle.  Now the thing I don't know is how many recivers they had to sort through to get a good one.

If you buy one I'd buy throught a place that would let you return the reciever if its not right, you don't want to be stuck with a POS or have to pay for multiple transfers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Nothing wrong with the receivers, mine function great. Just the association with Joeken as previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#9]
We here in the PRK must be getting all the factory rejects then.  I have seen two spEwbanks receivers so far, both looked so bad I could not imagine how anyone could sell it with a straight face.  Heard from at least two others that had received them bent to hell and rails in crooked/uneven.

I did get an NDS-3 from nodak, looks great even unfinished and clean as can be.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top