Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:06:15 AM EST
What's wrong with Ewbanks receivers? I just read a post where some guy is annoyed that his
new AK was built on a Ewbanks receiver. Thanks.

Sam
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:50 AM EST
The only thing wrong with it is its association with Joeken.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:36:49 AM EST
seeing some Ewbanks in person there is much much more wrong than that
I'm not sure if it was a bad batch but they should have never left looking like they did.
warped to hell in just about every way
rails not aligned
and probably some other stuff I don't remember
I was going to order 2 to build Romies on but couldn't ever get them in
talking to a Gun Shop/Builder that I wanted to try some out and he started laughing and asked me if I have got any I said no he went to a box and pulled out a couple and I was happy as could be that for once there was a backorder that prevented me from getting what I had wanted
just my experience with them
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:18:20 PM EST
Well, if a reputable builder put an AK together on one of their receivers, I'm sure it had to be in spec.
Honestly, I was more worried about inferior materials, or bad heat treating. The guy who was upset,
was upset when he found out that his Vector Arms AK was built on a Ewbanks receiver. From everything
I've heard about Vector, they build REALLY good AK's....

That guy was the first bash against Vector that I've been able to find.

Sam
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:34:50 PM EST

They're not perfect, but they're not bad either. I did see a batch several months ago that had some warping during heat treat. Buy from Scott at DPH and you won't have to worry about it.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:54:21 PM EST
I have had to have 3 returned beacuse they were so out of shape. Gave up and bought Global Trades.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:42:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 3:42:57 PM EST by highdraglowspeed]
The only thing wrong with them is they are hard to get right now.

Scott Is a stand up guy BTW
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:00:51 AM EST
My Vector is built on a Ewbank reciever. I have had no problems with it and everything appears to be in good working order. I trust Vector, after all they are the ones that are going to replace it if there are problems with the rifle. Now the thing I don't know is how many recivers they had to sort through to get a good one.

If you buy one I'd buy throught a place that would let you return the reciever if its not right, you don't want to be stuck with a POS or have to pay for multiple transfers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:49:09 AM EST
Nothing wrong with the receivers, mine function great. Just the association with Joeken as previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:24:51 AM EST
We here in the PRK must be getting all the factory rejects then. I have seen two spEwbanks receivers so far, both looked so bad I could not imagine how anyone could sell it with a straight face. Heard from at least two others that had received them bent to hell and rails in crooked/uneven.

I did get an NDS-3 from nodak, looks great even unfinished and clean as can be.
Top Top