Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
What's the going rate on a new 223Rem Saiga?  Also, what would be considered a good price?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything less than $300.00 is fair.

Anything less than $250.00 is what you want. As they are not as easy to accessorize as the 7.62x39(at least not for my tastes..imho) They are worth less according to Supply & Demand.

Look around. You will see what I mean. My local pawn shops, and gun shops have .223 Saigas sitting there unbought all the time for $239.00.

Not so of the 7.62x39,Saiga-12, or Saiga .308. Each well over $300.00.

Now. I have always wanted to make an AK-101/102 out of a Saiga .223. But what a fuggin PITA!

I'll settle for my nice-ass converted Saiga 7.62x39 AK-103, and SBR AK-104 for now.

If any info is needed on anything Saiga.

Go Here:

www.saiga12.com

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's one in the EE...

EE .223 Siaga
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What makes the .223 harder to convert? I've been wanting a .223 AK recently.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What makes the .223 harder to convert?

The magazine situation.  I'm in the process of converting one.  I'm pretty sure that I'll have to use metal Galil magazines.  You should be able to use pretty much any 7.62x39 AK mag if you convert a 7.62x39 Saiga.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
On the saiga 223, there are a couple different methods that people do.

(1) Bulgy/Polish 5.56 conversion - requires modification of the underside of the locking lugs and some catch work (done this)
(2) Weiger 223 (metal German  mags) - opening up of magwell, and some other tweaks (never done this method)
(3) Galil / M16 adaptor - requires ALOT of work, but it does work. You can get a Galil 5.56 AR mag adaptor for around $70, then do a bunch of mods.  Cool way to get UNMODIFIED ar15 mags to work in a AK. (look @ www.saiga12.com there is a thread in the 223 saiga section)

I prefer to modifiy the gun to fit the mags.  I currently own 2 5.56 AKs.
One is a Milled SAM 5, and the other is my Custom Saiga KRINK.
Both take unmodified Bulgarian/Polish 5.56 magazines.
I am hoping to get another saiga 223 for a new project . THANK YOU whoever posted that link to EE, I can't beleive I missed that saiga.. I emailed a offer.
Wish me luck
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a new Russian American Armory 223 Saiga at the Roanoke Virginia gun show for $289. The 7.62 X 39 Saiga was even more.  I think prices will drop when more are imported. I did not think they were as nice as the old EAA  rifles.     Mike....      
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw a new Russian American Armory 223 Saiga at the Roanoke Virginia gun show for $289. The 7.62 X 39 Saiga was even more.  I think prices will drop when more are imported. I did not think they were as nice as the old EAA  rifles.     Mike....      

There is NO difference in the un-modified Saigas being sold from RAAC, versus EAA. Look at the side of the RAAC ones. They have the EAA ground off the side. All those were slated for sale via EAA.

Ask PvtPyle. He won't BS on my statement. Ask RAAC as well.

All they did was put their name on it. Oh yeah!

And sell it at a higher price
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I know they are the same but the finish (paint) on the EAA ones was nicer. The Russian American Armory Saiga also didn't have the EAA ground off. It looked like it was scratched out with a file. I am sure that they function great though. Just looks a little rougher to me.  I will get a 223 when the prices drop.............Mike
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
They are in the $300 range around here.  Still a deal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know they are the same but the finish (paint) on the EAA ones was nicer. The Russian American Armory Saiga also didn't have the EAA ground off. It looked like it was scratched out with a file. I am sure that they function great though. Just looks a little rougher to me.  I will get a 223 when the prices drop.............Mike

Newer ones would have a nicer finish. Got nothing to do with RAAC though. It's the timeline of imports. That's it. I've been looking at Saigas for years. I've got 3 that I've had for over a year. I've seen plenty. The finish isn't different unless someone on the US side other than importer refinished em. Which no one is doing as standard, and free.

It's like wasting my time saying one WASR has a better finish than another WASR...........so what.....

lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]
7.62hurts...... Please forgive me for making an observation on the differences I have seen between the new Saiga'a and old ones. I must be a complete idiot. My eyes do not work either.  It is obvious you have to be right. I will keep my comments and observations to myself for now on.  

JEESH !!!  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top