Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 9:31:21 PM EDT
I was at the range today bump firing my MAADI. It wold go 3 - 5 rounds, and then the hammer would follow the carrier, causing me to have to eject the round and re - cock the weapon.

What would cause the hammer to follow the carrier like that?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Seriously.......
  not holding the rifle tight enough, has made mine do it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
your letting the rifle move too far backward on the recoil.  have you had any problems with ejecting?  if not, you may have a worn disconnector and the rifle isn't actually bump firing but slam firing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seriously.......
  not holding the rifle tight enough, has made mine do it.

That just might be it! I was holding it loosely, plus my hands were sweatty and the rifle was slipping in my hands.................

Quoted:
your letting the rifle move too far backward on the recoil.  have you had any problems with ejecting?  if not, you may have a worn disconnector and the rifle isn't actually bump firing but slam firing.

No problems ejecting. The FCG has only about 200 rounds on it so I doubt the disconnector is worn....................................
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It takes time to learn how to bump fire it just right.  Your riding the recoil of the gun.  If you have too little or too much force on the gun it might not work right.  Practice makes perfect.  It's a waste of ammo but it sure is fun to get a full 30 rounds off in a couple seconds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
btt for a few more opinions.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top