Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2003 3:38:27 PM EDT
Just got a SAR1 today and I need more Mags.  

Being new to AK style rifles, what do I need to look for?

After reading some posts, it seems like mags with a ribbed back is more saute after than a folded and welded one.  True?

Also, is one "better" than another?  Soviet, Polish, Romanian, Chinese?  Any difference in manufacturing?

Thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Soviet, Polish, Romanian, Chinese?  

All of these are really good mags. You cant go wrong with AK mags. As long as you find them in good condition and a good price you will be alright.

When it comes right down to it, I like the chinese mags. Just because they do not have the ribbed back and some have a chrome follower.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply M4.
Ron
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply M4.
Ron

No problem!

When you finally do get your mags, please comeback and give us a range report!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You can pay more for plastic, but the steel 7.62x39 30rnd mags are Tonka Tuff and easily found for VG cond at $7 at new for $10. Any country is fine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply M4.
Ron

No problem!

When you finally do get your mags, please comeback and give us a range report!

M4, you got it.

RS39, thanks for the input.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top