Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 2:53:09 PM EDT by jjrockbush]
I just picked one up....on the cheap. This is my first AK varient. I had an AR, a couple of shotties, many handguns(all lost in a boating accident), so my question is......what to do? I have used a gunsmith here in Fla. that is very good. Should I go full AK conversion? I really am nor excited about soaking $400-$500 into this.......but you know how it is..............
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:28:01 PM EDT
Send it to Chris Butler at AK-USA. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:06:36 PM EDT
If you want it for a shooter but want a pistol grip you can do it your self fairly easy if it is a 7.62x39 since the holes for the handgrip and trigger are already cut into the frame. It is very simple to convert it if you are handy at all. The cost will depend on what parts you use. You can get every thing you need from tapco for probably under $100. The only thing I splurged on was an ACE stock because I do not like the feel of the plastic tapco one but I love the G2 trigger they sell. If you want a classic looging AK you are better off just buying a Vector or something because the time you pay a smith for all the work and parts you could have another AK and leave the one you have the way it is and have two rifles. The Vectors are a lot higher quality than the WASR stuff.


Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:36:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
Send it to Chris Butler at AK-USA. You won't regret it.

Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top