Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:58 PM EST
Just thought I'd put this question out there because I'm sure lots of people have thought about it at one time or another. Is there any way to convert an AK's selector switch to resemble an AR style switch. The AK selector switch is kind of sticky and loud. It's not conveniently placed either. Has anyone come up with a mod for this yet? Is this blaspheme? Will I get a wart/struck by lightning for asking such heretic questions?
An AK with the AR selector would be really sweet, I think.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:27:47 AM EST
I would agree with you that a new approach to the AK selector would be nice, but I don't want to catch the warts and lightning that's headed your way!

I am not aware of any alternative selectors for the AK series, but it would be nice for something new. As a southpaw, the traditional selector is- well, lacking.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:04:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:04:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By RS39:
Never seen it. Most equate sticky with positive feel. Otherwise a std bane of sniping in this platform. Maybe some rubber gasket sealant dabbed at the selector stop and lightly oiling the path?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of just filing down the notch on the selector.
I'd like to take the selector switch off, and put an HK or AR style selector on that could be operated with my fore finger. I don't know how to cover up that area that the selector switch covers when on safe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:58:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:06:49 PM EST
The wart is on the way, next day air.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:45:50 PM EST
AR ???? And that would be a gun of some sort ?????? LOL..
I love that clunk sound when i take the safty off..It let's you know its ready to go...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:55:10 PM EST
Keep your finger off the trigger!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:57:32 PM EST
You need to go out NOW and burn some sage to the North,South,East,West,to Father Earth and Mother Sky and be cleansed of such un-pure thoughts.
Oh yeah,I almost forgot.Wash your face seven times in a stream.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:54:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
you can retrofit the selector/safety from the galil rifle if you so desire. it is similar to the m16's safety in function and location.

AHHH! That's what I'm looking for. And who would have thought that Campybob would have the answer to an AK related question? As usual, thanks for the input.

And the rest of you guys don't worry, many chickens have been sacrificed to appease the AK gods. Now I just have to go to the range to see if they have been appeased. If the smoke from my barrel rises, the gods of AK are pleased. If it sinks to the ground, I will seek shelter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:54:24 AM EST
Before you file anything, try bending the selector up slightly. I did this to my 74' build to lighten up the selector travel a bit.
Top Top