Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/12/2003 9:20:55 AM EDT
My 27inch TV went out yesterday.  The bad part was that it went out 1 week after the warrenty expired.

My wife bought me a new TV for fathers day. (Sure beats the hell out of the torque wrench I was asking for)

Anyway, does anyone around here have any idea what can be done to this evil device?  Any bullet related means of disposal?

I mean, there has to be some way to take out some frustration on this thing while making lots of noise.  Sometime in the next few weeks maybe?

Campy, do you have any ideas???
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, boy! When the first round hits the screen, there's going to be an implosion - the picture tube is a vacuum tube. Next, all that glass will spew out the front from the rebound effect of the air. I have always wanted to shoot one. The following shots will be mostly uneventful. Make sure you're back at least 100'. Don't shoot it anyplace copious amounts of broken glass all over the place is a problem.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMN!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't sweat it. I just heard my old fax muttering in the back room that he could kick your ass, Mauser or no Mauser. I'll bring him along and the two of you can settle up.

"PC Load Letter? WTF does that mean!!!?"
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't sweat it. I just heard my old fax muttering in the back room that he could kick your ass, Mauser or no Mauser. I'll bring him along and the two of you can settle up.

Thems fightin' words.  My Mauser will kick your Mausers ass!

Thanks for the info Campy.  Thought I had a donation for you.

I'll just have to take it out to the farm and shot it a a few hnndred meters. MG-34 food................Yum...........
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was 16 we dropped a couple tv's off of the top stands of a football stadium in the middle of the night.  But you have to get out of there fast before the campus cops nab you.  

Another time we put a tv on a railroad track, plugged it in via an extension cord to a dc/ac converter in a car.  Then we waited for a train.  Quite an explosion.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top