Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 3:14:00 PM EDT
Hello.  I recently bought a Norinco MAK90 with the butthole stock.  I want to convert to a standard stock and pistol grip.  I liked the synthetic warsaw length from KVAR but they said it would not fit without major modification.  Any advice on where I can get a stock?  It has the straight cut recever.  Thank you  in advance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
if it is a straight cut receiver, then the Kvar stock will fit with a bit of modification, you need to sand it down to fit as the MAK uses a thicker receiver steel than the average european AKM.  all it takes is some time, some sandpaper, and a dream.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the K-var stock on my MAK after a few minutes with the Dremel. If you use sandpaper it will take you all damn night.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
something else you need to consider..
Lower handguards..
They chinese are a little thinner on the part that slides into the receiver....
You main issue to worry about is the buttstock...  slanted or straight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You've got to use the Dremel....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top