Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 12:55:54 PM EDT
What size do I need and what would be a good looking functional sling? Is it a 7/8"? Is there a leather sling for an AK that would work?

Ive found an SKS sling, it has the leather tabs on the end, I think it would work. Do any Aks use a sling like that?

Here is the SKS sling I found. What do you think?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/product_images/777/SKS-633.jpg
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The SKS sling will work fine and looks alot better than the narrow blue East German sling.There is a leather East German sling,but I have'nt seen one in a while.I use a Romanian SKS sling with mine,I'll take a pic and post it later.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Romanian SKS sling canvas or is it nylon? I love the sling that came with the SAR and WASR. If I cant find a sling I like, I  wonder if I can hack of the ring thats on there now and fit a larger one on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The SKS sling I'm using is heavy leather,rather than cutting the loop off of the East German sidefolder,you may consider swapping to a Romanian sidefolder.The Romy has the bigger loop.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The leather Hungarian slings fit perfectly in the EG folder sling loop.  I happen to have one on my SA-85M.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The leather Hungarian slings fit perfectly in the EG folder sling loop.  I happen to have one on my SA-85M.

Where can I get one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from Centerfire for $7.97, item #95SLGLEA

1-800-950-1231
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
AA-OK and Northridge have the correct 1 inch double buckle sling for the EG AKM.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top