Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 5:24:29 PM EDT by AKSpray]
Okay my original plan was this:

I bought a 74 kit from K-Var and I was going to make a AK-74M clone as close as possible to the original when all the sudden these RPK kits just start flooding the markets. I'm torn between selling my kit and buying the RPK kit or just keeping what I have. What do you guys think? I know someone that will sell me a barrel trunnion for the RPK kit from K-Var but its going to cost me a pretty penny. Is it worth it or should I stick with what I have? I picked up one of the folding solid stocks a while back and wanted to use it for my kit also and I was really excited to do that but thses RPK kits look beautiful. As you can tell I'm completely torn between the two. Maybe you guys can post pros and cons because I can't make the decision by myself. Thanks a lot guys.

Aaron
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:03:09 PM EDT
Just trying to start a discussion, what are you going to use it for? Investment? Or is this going to be one of your go to rifles if you need it.
For investment you have to go with an RPK, with a authentic detailed quality build those things are going to fetch $1200 and way up later on. But if you are going to carry your rifle and use it.....a AK-74M with the russian side folder with side rail on a quality build, that is just too uber cool. THose original AK-74M builds are THE most evil black rifles period. I would keep that AK-74 if you have the side folding stock, once I had my hands on one no way I would sell it. Is your RPK purchase contingent upon selling the side folding stock with the AK-74 kit?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:05:20 PM EDT
I would be interested in the 74 kit if thats what you decide...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:33:32 AM EDT
Yeah id have to sell the kit and the stock to get the rpk kit. I'm still not sure what to do im going to talk it over with my brother hes good at decieding.
Top Top