Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:20:08 PM EDT
I have a very light black polymer mag. It has metal inserts under the feed lips and what I think is an aluminum floorplate. On the left side near the top it says "7,62x39" and yes, the quote marks are there too. On the bottom left side of the mag, just above the floorplate, there is a 2. There is no waffle pattern, but there are riblike patterns on the back of the magazine and on the front part where it necks up. The rib patterns do not continue across the left or right side of the mag sides, but they go all the way down. They are not cross patterned, just like dashes, not connected to each other.

What is it? One sign labled them as Bulgerian, one said Polish TANTAL, one said unknown MFG (I got it at the Fun Show). Most booths had them labled for $22 or $24 each, but I found a vendor who sold it to me for $12. And no, this isn't Promag. How do I know? Because it works! lol

All help appreceated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:03:09 AM EDT
Polish.

They have sold in the past for as cheap as $10 each.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:19:06 AM EDT
Know where I can get 'em online for $10 each?

Thanks for the info,
Q-gunner2
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:48:11 AM EDT
I got a few of them from AIM a while back. Not sure if they still have them in stock, but it's worth a shot. They're very good, reliable mags in my opinion.

-GreatWarAZ
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT
AIM only has Promag 7.62 AK mags. The gun show table had a box with some open mags and others with 4 mags wrapped together in brown wax paper. I hope they have some next time, that table is great for rare stuff but they run out quickly. I bought Norinco AP 7.62x39mm for $5 a 20 round box there once, but made the mistake of getting only 2 boxes. Then they had none next show.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
Q-Gunner,I have one I'll trade you for a steel 30,IM if you're interested.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:46:07 PM EDT
JOHNO, I would trade, but the cost of shipping and all throws it off. Also, I am new to the AK mags... got my one and only AK, the Polytech, at the Fun Show Dec. 3 and only have 5 mags for it... a Chinese NIW steel mag from 1988, an unknown steel mag that came with the rifle, the one polymer Polish mag and 2 Polish steel mags. You can get steel 30 round Polish mags for $9.97 at SPG, when I ordered them it said they were backordered to Jan 16, I got them Dec. 29 so I guess their site just messed up.
Top Top