Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2005 3:17:32 AM EDT
I was just curious as to what parts kits fit the best with Ewbanks receivers with the trunion holes pre-drilled? Will the Romanian kits work?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I found that they all need some adjustment with the predrilled holes. I had the best luck with the UF receiver.  Fit was the closest and needed the slightest amount of trimming. If you can, drill your own holes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't it be easier to modify the trunion to fit the receiver, since the trunion is more solid where as the receiver is just heat treated sheet steel. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a better idea than messing with the already thin and brittle steel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never done any adjustments to the trunnions. I've found it easier to adjust the receiver for fit. Much thinner and easier to work with.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
What is a "UF receiver", and where might they be obtained?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is a "UF receiver", and where might they be obtained?

Receiver for an ak with an underfolding stock. DPH carries them but are waiting for another shipment.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just finished my first build on a Eubanks the other day I didn't have any problems with the trunnion holes ling up that about .5 sec and a drimal couldn't fix.  just hundredths of an inch on 2 holes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
i would much rather take a small rat tail file to open up the hole...than i would to try to drill new holes to line up with the trunnion in a reciever with no holes

i hated the first ewbanks i used..but after figuring & tweaking.......good reciever !!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top