Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/7/2003 4:52:01 AM EST
Hey guys,

Want to get the trigger slap fixed in my SAR-1. I thinnk I will take it to my gunsmith and have him install the parts since I am not mechanically inclined.

What parts do I need to fix this annoying problem and where can I get them? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:03:15 AM EST
Red Star Arms fire control group or just follow these simple directions to fix your existing parts linx310.nothingbutguns.com/slapfix.htm

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:51:01 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:05:50 AM EST
Autofire a complete moron can change the FCG in an semi- auto AK. hers another place where you can get an american made FCG. www.tapco.com
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:49:04 PM EST
I went with the FSE US-made hammer, trigger and disconnector from www.rpbusa.net/ak.html for $29.95 - not as smooth as the Red Star Arms set, but suitable for my needs. It's part # AK16.

RPB charges a flat $10.00 shipping fee, so I also ordered some Bulgarian 30-rd steel 7.62 mags and other parts.

The Romanian AK website above is excellent, even *I* was able to change out my fire control group.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:51:31 AM EST
Changing the FCG on an AK is a piece of cake. If I can do it, so can you. Follow the instructions on Linx310's website and you'll be gold. I'd recommend getting a RSA set-up and a retainer hook and ditch the shepard hook while you're in there. Just my 2 cents worth. I'll give you a pic of the retainer hook below.


Top Top