Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2004 4:04:06 AM EDT
On the barrel I received yesterday from a MAK 90 parts kit; on the chamber end of the barrel there are basically 2 sections:

Section 1 is on the very end of the barrel, is of uniform OD and has very light machining marks from what looks like when it was originally turned down.  It is about 1 inch in length.

Section 2 is also about 1 inch in length, is directly "above" section 1, also has a uniform OD - but this diameter is about 1.5mm or so greater than section 1.  This section has a very smooth finish - no machining marks.

In this image if you look on the chamber end of the barrel - yu can see the very end of the barrel, and the slightly raised section above it.
http://www.sksman.com/images/kvarbarrelassem.gif

My question is - when you are pressing the barrel into the trunnion - which of those 2 sections gets "gripped"?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
id say its the second 1 in but just find wich 1 is 19mm (size of a mak)
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - I talked to Jimmy from Arsenal USA / Global Trades today at a local gunshow - the trunnion presses onto the raised section.  Global doesn't have any 19mm trunnions though, and he doesn't expect to import any from Bulgaria for at least 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
well thats a bummer
its not real cost effective to build a mak anyway
by the time your done building it you prob could have just bought 1 cheaper they are only 250-350
if your gonna spend the time to build 1 might as well b a good 1
the price of the kit might b alittle more but all the other parts your gonna have to get are the same wether your building a mak/rom thats worth 250 when your done or your building a bulgi thats worth over 5
just somethang for you to chew on
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I found two sources for 19mm trunnions besides Global - one hasn't called me back yet, the other only has 1 trunnion which he was holding onto for his own chinese build; he wants more than I am willing to pay for it.  No biggie - I'm RMA'ing the MAK 90 parts kit, and I will just pick up an assembled MAK 90 here locally soon enough.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top