Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/14/2006 6:11:26 PM EDT
What mags will work 100% in a Saiga with a bullet guide?  I'm not worried about having to do a little dremmel work to make them fit the mag well, but what besides the Weigers works?  Galil Orlites?  I've heard mixed reviews about 5.45 mags w/ .223 followers.  Anyone have them running 100%?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=80909

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=88028

Yes the Saiga will work with Galil Orlites if  the bullet guide is done properly. I have also used converted 74 mags with .223 followers and did have to modify them some to fit my Saiga. I sort of used my Saiga mag as a guide for the modification. I have heard the metal Galil mags will work but have not actualy tried that my self so I am not going to say it will or will not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that confirmed it for me.  Now who's had luck with the 74 mags w/ .223 followers?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
where can I get the best bullet guide for the use of Galil mags?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I made my own out of pipe. The pipe and drill bit and tap wetre under $10 from hime depot. The shape of mine was done becuase I made every thing to fit the Galil mags. All the other mags were an after thought but they work.

P.S. I did not grind anything on my rifle to make the Galil mags work. Nor would I. Just my two cents.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top