Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:16:29 AM EDT
What kind of AKs do you own and what do you think about it?  What do you like / dislike about it?  Is it a piece of crap?... does it jam?... or is it kick ass?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
SAM-7 Classic

Its the greatest AK the world has ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Fixed it for you:

What kinds of AK's do you own and what do you think about them?

+1 on the SAM-7
Vepr 1(7.62)
Poly underfolder
NHM-91
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a few.two norincos(1 pre-ban,one mak-90) a pre-ban polytech,an sar-1.a sar-2 on the way,a wasr-1,a yugo underfolder,and a vepr-2.the chinese are the smoothest of them all,not far behind is the vepr.all run 100%.accuracy wise,the vepr wins. hope this helps.                        
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What kind of AK do you own and what do you think about it?  What do you like / dislike about it?  Is it a piece of crap?... does it jam?... or is it kick ass?

PSL,..
it is basically a super sized  AK in 7.62x54R,..long rage, accurate, low recoil,..and i just love the stock set.
it kicks ass!

GP-WASR-10,..
this would be my beater gun,..looks like poop out of a can,.. but it has never jamed once or given me any problems,....kinda like a ugly girl thats easy.
ugly,..but it kicks ass!

SA-M5s,..
a milled Arsenal in 5.56x45mm, with semi translucent mags, there is nothing to not like about this rifle
SUPER KICK ASS!

AK-74,..
my first rifle built from a kit,..skel. side folding stock. no recoil at all.
it kicks ass!

M-92 PISTOL
in the process of getting built,..love the sights on this,...im gonna have to get another M-92 kit and make it into a SBR.
it is getting ready to kick ass!

AK-104,..
still in box,..waiting to be built,...the AK-100 series poly folding stock is sweet.
it will kick ass.

AKS-74U,..
still in the box,..waiting to be built,..but has the blonde handguards and pistol grip.
it will kick ass.

F-ed over Saiga,..
got this off a friend of mine,....most of the gun is there but in little pieces,...im going to put it back together but with a underfolder buttstock.
had its ass kicked,..but it will be back to put foot to ass.

i love them all,...and hope to add a few more Arsenals to the collection once i have the $$$.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Norinco 84s underfolder

My favorite.. too bad I hadn't realized it until after I sold it 15 years ago. Not common, nice look, good round, nice finish.  

Norinco 56s underfolder

My second favorite... I love underfolders.   I loved the finish of this rifle, clean machining, etc. Sold this one too just BEFORE the ban... oh how I regret that.

SAR-2

This thing was a mess when I got it.  Looked like it was found in a junk box. Replaced the furniture, refinished it, and put on a threaded fsb and ak74 brake. Looks good now, but still a little rough around the edges.  Not as "clean" looking as the norincos.  I love the ak74 look.

WASR 10 (hicap)

My beater gun... looks ok and work flawlessly, but no dimples. :(  This one looked even worse than the sar2.  The furniture was finished with purple sap from romanian ugly trees. Refinished the entire thing, took 1/8" off the barrel, recrowned it and installed a slant brake.  Looks ok now, but still no dimples.

I'd gladly trade both of my post post ban ak's for a norinco underfolder. ho
None of my AKs have ever jammed...not even one time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#6]
SAM-7s

Built like a tank....runs like a top.....wasthe AK that busted my AK cherry....I shoot it most of the time.

AMD kit I'm just finishing up...will be my "bump in the night" gun:

VERY handy with the ACE folding stock.

Yugo M-92 Pistol aka  "The Flame Thrower"! Not practical, but fun nonetheless!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Silly question. They are all good!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
AK-103 Saiga conversion.  Lots of Bulgy and Polish polymer mags and a bunch of steel mags of varying origin.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#9]
heres a few that i HAD..

Vector AK - awesome rifle, super clean fit and finish....i wish i didnt sell it

SAR-2 - really accurate, but only some mags fit it, others had to be filed down and fitted, no standard 90 degree gas tube (which i love)....the reasons i got rid of it
______

heres what I HAVE right now..

SAR-1  - decent AK rifle, fit and finish seems sloppy...good blaster though, smoooooooooth action for an AK, ...not all sAR1s are created equal

SAR-3 - AMAZING RIFLE for the money, .223s a great round for AKs i think...i wish i had a SAM5.  this thing would bump like it was its business.....SUPER ACCURATE for an AK i think

SLR-105R - finish sucks (good for a wall hanger, but not to clean for real)...fit on the rifle is great, solid shooter, action seemed it needed to be broken in, which i did....all mags fit properly, super accurate even with iron sights......well worth the money

and i got a bunch of 74 kits ready to be built
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#10]
bulldog1967 WHERE did you get that lower AK handguard...i want one
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I want an Arsenal in .223 with black furniture and a side folding triangle stock and a buffered flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Maadi MISR 10
Always works, and it will shoot minute of dead at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I lke my MAK-90 the best, followed by a Polish Underfolder
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#14]
GP WASR-10. Looks OK (once I get my Ironwood  on it), shoots great, never a problem. Almost as fun to shoot as my FAL
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Armory USA SSR-56-2 with the U.S. made 1.6mm receiver it shoots great and the finish is
excelent, the only problem I had was two of my 5 steel mags seem th have the feed lips
to low as the bolt miss the rim and hits the top of the round, Those are my test mags now.
my polish poly mags feed great in the weapon also.
it had a tight chamber to begin with but I fired 80 rounds through it and it worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I have 3 AKs

Romanian SAR
Vector Underfolder
Chinese PreBan (with undefolder bayonet)

All of them kick ass.  No jams, yet with any of these guns.

Ron
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What kind of AK do you own and what do you think about it?  What do you like / dislike about it?  Is it a piece of crap?... does it jam?... or is it kick ass?

GP-WASR-10,..
this would be my beater gun,..looks like poop out of a can,.. but it has never jamed once or given me any problems,....kinda like a ugly girl thats easy.
ugly,..but it kicks ass!

FUNNY, VERY FUNNY
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Did somewone say jam? I have had HKs stovepipe, ARs FTF, FALs fail to eject, and macs that poped before battery. Every AK I have ever had just made a big boom sound every single time I have ever pulled the trigger.... Cant say any more than that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#19]
At the present time, I've got a Gordon Tech SLR-100H and an Arsenal SA M-7.  I'm getting an SSR-85C-2, Polish Vector Arms underfolder and a Polytech AK w/underfolder bayonet.

This AK stuff is going to put me in a DEEP financial hole.  Hell, you live once, right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Armory USA ADM-63-2 (underfolder)
Perfect in every way,  Made me think all the Arsenal USA/Armory USA bashing was way off.

Armory USA SSR-85C
Started out pretty bad.  But after a new FCG, firing pin, new springs and work on the everything.....
its now my favorite AK.  

WASR-10
Best $290. I ever spent on a gun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Preban Norinco 56 (7.62 w/fixed stock)

I really like the blued finish on the Chinese AK's. Great rifle, needs an stock extension, though.

Bulgarian AK-74 side-folder built up by IGF (Investment Grade Firearms)

I'm a big fan of the 5.45 caliber. I'm able to get a decent cheek-weld with the triangle type side-folder, so that's a plus. Great rifle and very reliable...I like the Envirotech finish he offers-black, glossy and very tough.

Vector "Classic" AK-V47

Nice rifle. Mine is one of the early no-ban version. Built up with a 1977 Polish parts set on an OOW receiver. It has that "gap" between the selector and top cover...a little annoying, but it doesn't affect function. Don't really care for the grayish-black finish. The rifle works great, no FTF's or FTE's. It's on consignment at a local gun store, I bought  the Norinco to replace it.

-Scott

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
bulldog1967 WHERE did you get that lower AK handguard...i want one

IM sent
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Armory USA SSR-85C
Started out pretty bad. But after a new FCG, firing pin, new springs and work on the everything.....
its now my favorite AK.

Say it isn't so!  My SSR-85C-2 better run as good as my G-Tech and Arsenal Carbine.  The more I hear about Armory USA/Global Trades AKs, the more I wish I hadn't ordered one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#24]
A buddy of mine is on disability and he has about (10) different Ak's.   We all tease him and say that if you sit home on your ass all day long you tend to collect AK's!  Well, guess what, I am unemployed and I can't stop buying damn Ak's!  I see so many new ones coming available and just can't stop buying them.  There must be some sort of addcitive thing about them?hinking.gif

Presently:

WASR10 hicap. Yeah, no dimples but I did add an extra steel plate inside to control the mag side to side wiggle.  At first a 30 rounder had a 1" wiggle at the bottom from side to side, now it doesn't move 1/8".

M70 AB2 AKM: What a tank!  I am very impressed with this AK.  Lower felt recoil, 1.6mm receiver, accurate, underfolder, stainless carrier/bolt, and flip up night sights.  What's not to like about this one?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I've got a WASR-10. I went broke buying it and 200 rounds of ammo. Came with two 30-rnd mags, bayonet, leather sling (which I still can't get to go on right), slant break, etc.

The only other AK's at the gun show were a bunch of VEPR's I really wanted but were $200 out of my price range or a Norinco sporter I could have afforded if I only wanted one magazine and no ammo or accessories.

I've put almost two hundred rounds through it. Not really aiming at anything, just randomly blasting to break it in. Had the sights set for 150 yards and didn't even notice until after we were done, so if I had been aiming it likely wouldn't have made much difference since our targets were soda cans less twenty-five yards away. It's gone bang every time, recoil is like a mild .30-30, and it's nice to have a rifle I can beat up for once. Only issues I've got with it is the crappy finish is coming off and I'm concerned about rust on the exposed metal, and the one magazine doesn't always seat right. I go to rock it in and the magazine jams into the mag well at a weird angle so it won't feed and you have to rip it out instead of just pressing the mag release. Can't see any difference between the two magazines, no bent lips or anything, and in any case I'm sure most of the fault lies with the mag well itself.

All in all, the WASR-10 is currently my SHTF rifle and a fun little blaster. I plan on upgrading to a VEPR, a Saiga (which is what I was looking for when I went to the gun show, with the idea of sending it to Chris Butler to get upgraded into an AK-103), or something similar in the future when I have money. Which isn't going to be any time soon, because my first priority is to get my first handgun and plenty of mags and ammo for the WASR.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Arsenal USA SSR-85B. Great once I replaced the piss poor quality US trigger group they put on it - it started to not reset the trigger after about 1000 rds...put in a Tapco G2 trigger and all is well.

I like the parkerization they put on it too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Arsenal USA SSR-85B - NIB
(2) Romainian SAR 1's - No cant
Arsenal Inc SA M-5
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 A1
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 Classic
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 Post ban - built rock solid
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 SF - NIB
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 SFC - NIB
Arsenal Inc SA RPK-7 Classic
(4) Arsenal Inc SAS M-7 Classic's - 2 w/ blonde wood and 2 w/ bakelite
Galil Model 386
Vepr
(2) SLR-105's

I love them all. Just don't have time shoot them as much as I would like too.
Waiting for SA M-7 SFK, 2 Yugo M92's, AKS-74U, AKS-74NU and Galil 329.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Arsenal Inc SA M-5
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 A1
Galil Model 386
Vepr
(2) SLR-105's

You sir, are truly annoying  Do you have any pictures for us?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Arsenal Inc SA M-5
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 A1
Galil Model 386
Vepr
(2) SLR-105's

This post is worthless without pics
Hope you had some money left over to buy a good safe for over $10,000 dollars worth of Ak-47s

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
The only two you could ever need, besides maybe a Krink...

Romanian made, all original PSL. The finish is so black it absorbs the light around it, and it is freaking awesome. Looks sexy, feels sexy, shoots amazing. Long range accuracy, firepower and sweetness.

Polytech AK-47 with underfolding spike bayonet, new condition. This gun is badass, from front to rear. Its also suprisingly accurate. THE best AK out there that's infantry style.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Arsenal SLR-105R...the only thing a don't like is its a BAN model  I hope to find a smith who will fix that for me soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arsenal Inc SA M-5
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 A1
Galil Model 386
Vepr
(2) SLR-105's

Hope you had some money left over to buy a good safe for over $10,000 dollars worth of Ak-47s hr

I have some, but I need to figure out how to post them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arsenal Inc SA M-5
Arsenal Inc SA M-7 A1
Galil Model 386
Vepr
(2) SLR-105's

Hope you had some money left over to buy a good safe for over $10,000 dollars worth of Ak-47s hr

Couldn't remember password. So, I used my other Log-in ID. Here are the pictures.

http://www.PhotoServer.us/is.php?i=146990&img=2006_0205Image0.jpg
2 SLR-105's, SSR-85B, Galil and SA M-5
http://www.PhotoServer.us/is.php?i=146991&img=82322006_0205Image0.jpg
SA M-7 SFC, SA M-7 SF, SAR 1's and SAS M-7 Classic w/Bakelite
http://www.PhotoServer.us/is.php?i=146992&img=43012006_0205Image0.jpg
SAS M-7 Classics Blonde and Bakelite, SA M-7 Classic, SA M-7
http://www.PhotoServer.us/is.php?i=146993&img=87082006_0205Image0.jpg
SA RPK-7, Vepr and FAL
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Norinco NHM-91 with Choate furniture (NOT ATI!!).  I like it well enough, it always goes bang.  But in all honesty I think I'd rather have a "normal" style AK such as a SAM-7, AK-103, or Vector.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Mak90 with Kvar stock set and tapco fcg.  Wasr10 with romanian folder.  I only really need 2 because I can only shoot 2 at a time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#36]
All shoot great
-two romys: Work as an AK should
-Vepr: Exceptional accuracy, nice finish
-Saiga: As close as you can come to the real thing
-two arsenals: Finish is unmatched, nice accuracy
-Polish underfolder: beautiful gun after I did some minor mods and added some furniture.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I had a WASR-10 GP.  Ran fine but the mags would get jammed in the well like another poster stated, and the fit/finish was horrible.  Ended up selling it to buy a SLR-105A1R, which I absoultely love.  It is getting a AK-100 stock if it ever arrives from Russia (to make a AK-74N).  I have plans to buy either a Arsenal M7 Classic Underfolder, or a Polytech Legend this summer.  I love AK's but I like variety.  I also love quality.  Colt LE6920, Arsenal SLR-105a1R, Heckler & Koch HK-91 for now.  Next I want a quality AK in 7.62 and then I'd like to get a FAL.  That will complete my black rifle collection for now...at least while I'm still in school.  After I graduate, I fear that I will go "gun-broke".

CMS  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top