Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:52:22 AM EDT
What kind of bling do they have on them? Who are these guys?  I thought this picture looked cool.  Just a fun quiz.
ultimak.com/pic21.htm
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Ultimak, underfolder, EOTechs...

What else?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they look like tabuk copies of the yugoslaviam m92, going by the rivet pattern.

this one appears to be a romanian aks74 and it wears the same handguard has my new romamian akt98 .22 training rifle! this is the first confirmed pic i have seen of this forearm configuration in a mil-issue akm. note that it is different in the ribbing pattern from the russian/bulgarian forearm.

ultimak.com/gallery/UltiMAKOverseas.jpg

Campy thats just a TDI arms railed lower handguard, same as the one on my SAR-1.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Taipan, what kind of folder is that on your rifle?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Taipan, what kind of folder is that on your rifle?

Thats not a folder, its just an ACE ARFX Skeleton stock.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of muzzle breaks and flash lights are those?  The more I see these under folders the more I want one...or ..um... two....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, he's got the TDI handguard and a Blackjack SWIFT safety. The front sight in the pic doesn't appear to be hooded. I also wonder if that's not a 7.62x39 rifle? Maybe he has Polish magazine in it. I thought 5.45 isn't common over there so it would make more sense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Fairly sure that's a 7.62, the curvature to the mag looks too steep or whatever for 5.45.  

Pretty interesting these guys have customized their AKs with US commercially available stuff, that's cool...

I get why the tanker guy has an AK, probably not issued a rifle.   But what are the other two guys, contractors or some personal security for a high ranking iraqi or what?  They have some combo frontsight/gas block unit don't they, with full length hardguards.  Pretty sweet looking to me.  Sure makes for alot of closerange firepower it would seem like to me.  Wish my darn AKs could have "da switch"....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I may be mistaken, but isn't that a hummer?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I didn't really look at the guy, guess that is a contractor or something as well.  And maybe ya'll are right, just a humvee...

ETA: I think the guys in the posted links are toting Krinks, which I don't think are all that common in the wild in Iraq, I am sure there are some on teh loose, but you sure don't see many pictures of them.

They have the full length handguards/gastubes unless I'm looking at it wrong, and clearly the standard AK rear sight, so they wouldn't be Krinks.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]
What parts would someone need to recreate a rifle like these?  I think it would be fun to build.

1. Some kind of under folder rifle.  www.atlanticfirearms.com AK V-47  $540
2. UltiMAK gas tube mount.  $100
3. EOTech HWS  $300
4. Unknown Sling $20
5. Unknown handguards
6. Unknown Flashlight and Flashlight Mount.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#17]
That is not an underfolder - that is a wire sidefolder. The underfolders have a big round button on the rear sides and 2 rails going back to the butt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The sidefolder could be E. German. The folder looks like it has a thumb-lever instead of a push button. I've seen a lot of pictures of E. German AKM's in coalition hands.

The two underfolders sure look like those shorty tabuks people have posted pictures of here..

Here's a pic of one of the shorty tabuks, a pic of the gold plated one was the only one I could find:

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The sidefolder could be E. German. The folder looks like it has a thumb-lever instead of a push button. I've seen a lot of pictures of E. German AKM's in coalition hands.

The two underfolders sure look like those shorty tabuks people have posted pictures of here..

Here's a pic of one of the shorty tabuks, a pic of the gold plated one was the only one I could find:
www.gun-world.net/russain/kalashnikov/foreign/iraq/gtb2.jpg

Tabuks? Sure that isn't the long lost Tupac Shakur model of AK?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I've seen pictures of Tabuks; long & short versions with both the Yugo-style RPK type receiver and the regular AKM-style type receiver.

I wonder if they made their own receivers or imported them.... There seem to be so many Tabuk versions showing up

The closest shorty Zastava 7.62x39mm I've been able to find has the normal AKM receiver with a different front end.

I've also seen that shorty Tabuk gasblock/front sight on a 5.56mm Zastava-made AK, the muzzle brake seems to be some kind of Iraq custom design though. I like the way the Iraq design has the vent holes in the gas tube, lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#23]
This is the first time I have heard of a Zastava AK.  I knew someone would be able to shed some light on these rifles.  I guess these rifles could be recreated in a legal fashion here in the US, but maybe wouldn't be as cool.  Maybe if you put an underfolder on a AMD-65 upper with a long flash hider sold by joeken.  Can you buy underfolder trunnions and stocks seperate?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#24]
You can visit the Zastava military Website here:
www.zastava-arms.co.yu/english/vojni.htm

For civilian sales:
www.zastava-arms.co.yu/english/civilni.htm

I like the M76 listed in the "civilian" sales website... I wonder when we will find them for sale here in the U.S.? lol

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Can you replace the handguards on an AMD-65 kit to make them look like the reddish wood that these weapons have?  If so then you could make a similar weapon system to the picture.  You would just have to get an underfolder receiver from OOW and a trunnion/stock set from global trades.  Then an Ultimak tube with EOTech.  Then a flash hider that was long enough to meet the required 16".  Hmm...

Is that all possible?  Might be worth a try...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks like they have really nice Russian wood furniture on these.  I love the look of the Russian furniture because it has that cool red color.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top