Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:53:04 PM EDT
Been hearing alot of talk lately that their is gonna be a ban that may affect the AK-47 any truth to this? How will this affect the price of the AK's that we already own????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the only 'ban' I know of is not really a ban.  The ATF is going to not allow the importation of barrels used on naughty rifles.  Starting in January.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
i think there is a tacked thread somewhere around here - basically nothing new.
The ATF has re-interpreted a law, so it can attain its mission goal of ruining people's fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
ok
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
from my understanding all this means is that we will no longer be able to import barrels that do not meet the sporting purpose clause. meaning threads and lugs will have to be removed as part of the demill process. just gonna raise prices a bit more and add a bit more work on our end to make em evil again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How does this affect complete rifles?

Also, this won't completely ban the barrels? Will it allow PC versions of the barrels?

Most of all what affect will this have on the prices of complete AK's? I'm looking for a good reason to buy an AK and a rise in value will give me a good enough excuse to buy one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
from my understanding all this means is that we will no longer be able to import barrels that do not meet the sporting purpose clause. meaning threads and lugs will have to be removed as part of the demill process. just gonna raise prices a bit more and add a bit more work on our end to make em evil again.

This dosen't apply to pistols, right? So I'm thinking you SHOULD still be able to bring in krink & AMD 65 "pistol kits", right?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, this won't completely ban the barrels? Will it allow PC versions of the barrels?

Most of all what affect will this have on the prices of complete AK's? I'm looking for a good reason to buy an AK and a rise in value will give me a good enough excuse to buy one.

Arsenal Inc. SLR series rifles and the Century WASR series will not be affected since the rifles enter the country in compliance with all '68 and '89 bans.  They are then "unbanned" here and are considered US rifles.

Rifles like the Vectors, or any other rifle built up from an imported kit will be affected.

The Arsenal M series, which use Bulgarian barrels with US made milled receivers, will be affected in the long term.

There is already a very well known and respected AK parts vendor who is looking into manufacturing cold hammer forged Bulgarian style chrome lined barrels here in the US.

But I didn't tell you that.  

I can think of only one seller of parts for AK-variants that matches that description
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
OT -- Nice avatar, Templar.

Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up.
See this?
This is my BOOMstick.
It’s a 12-gauge, double-barreled Remington.
S-Mart’s top of the line.
You can find this in the sporting goods department.
That’s right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Retails for about $109.95.
It’s got a walnut stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a hair trigger.
That’s right, shop smart, shop S-Mart.
You got that?
Now, I swear, the next one of you primates even touches me…BOOM!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arsenal Inc. SLR series rifles and the Century WASR series will not be affected since the rifles enter the country in compliance with all '68 and '89 bans.  They are then "unbanned" here and are considered US rifles.

Rifles like the Vectors, or any other rifle built up from an imported kit will be affected.

The Arsenal M series, which use Bulgarian barrels with US made milled receivers, will be affected in the long term.

There is already a very well known and respected AK parts vendor who is looking into manufacturing cold hammer forged Bulgarian style chrome lined barrels here in the US.

I can think of only one seller of parts for AK-variants that matches that description

He said respected so it might not be K-Var

But I would suspect K-Var might be the only ones with the means to get it done.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'll bet a dollar that it will be screwed up and sub-par, just like every other US made AK component..
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bet a dollar that it will be screwed up and sub-par, just like every other US made AK component..

Thats because in order to make a buck vs the already super cheap imported stuff, people had to go extrememly cheap to have comparable pricing.

The opposite of this is Arsenal.  They make awesome AK parts.  Their .223/5.56 mags are sold all over the world to militarys.  They have great things.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Must buy more parts kits...Must buy more parts kits...Must buy more parts kits...Before January 06' that is

SM
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top