Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:07:58 PM EDT
The other night I watched the local police dept clean out one of my neighbors house's of his gun collection. I almost cried as they pitched the rpk and the galil in the back of a truck and then toss a case of ammo on top of them among various other as one of them said "I bet that will leave a mark" So what usually happens to these guns?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on why the guys guns were being removed, Im sure it would make a difference in what happens to them, we had a case in Pittsburgh where a wife alleged abuse, and the police impounded about 70 high end rifles, mostly expensive assault style weapons, including a HK PSG?? , the pre ban sniper version of the HK 91 was what it was, and the guy had to go to court to get an emergency injunction, because LE was going to stamp "evidence" numbers on the guns, and he claimed that it would ruin the value of the guns, he had NOT been convicted of domestic violence at that time.

Egregious destruction of private property is just that, unless they are legally justified to take the guns and destroy them.

If I were you, I would make a complaint to your local "action news" investigative reporter.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
WHat's up with the gun grabbing, was he a bad guy??
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
He is a good guy, They said they were looking for a suspected underground grow room which was never found and doesnt exist. All that was found was 4 pills in a bathroom drawer which turned out to be antibiotics. No charges were filed and no guns have been returned either.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Lock 'N' Load... The "Great Gun Grab" begins...

I hope he sues the piss out of that town..
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He is a good guy, They said they were looking for a suspected underground grow room which was never found and doesnt exist. All that was found was 4 pills in a bathroom drawer which turned out to be antibiotics. No charges were filed and no guns have been returned either.  

If looking for suspected grow room, they would be looking for plants, trees, drug para, etc.  I'm pretty sure guns aren't considered drug para.  Haven't worked/heard of a case where a gun is used as a bong.  Something is amiss.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The local police used have an auction open to the public and you could get all kinds of goodies but alas no more.

Weapon they can use they issue out to the officers some go to private stash for throw downs the rest are cut up them dumped to make artificial reefs.

I heard a rumor that once they did not chop them up before dumping and some divers sat down there made quite a haul.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If looking for suspected grow room, they would be looking for plants, trees, drug para, etc.  I'm pretty sure guns aren't considered drug para.  Haven't worked/heard of a case where a gun is used as a bong.  Something is amiss.

No offense but you must not have been a Cop for very long... Weapons are allways confiscated in drug busts..

As for the question about what hapens to the guns... Have you driven over a manhole cover latley??
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

.....Weapon they can use they issue out to the officers some go to private stash for throw downs ....

Reeeaaallllly  I applaud you for your honesty.  I always thought this was a myth of the JBTs
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The message?  Don't be a criminal and know a good attorney willing to work on short notice.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top