Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 9:46:45 PM EDT
My order still says expected date of delivery on the first, and the site hasnt been updated since the 13th of January. Anyone else in the same situation or know whats going on? My CC hasnt been charged yet so i guess it hasnt been shipped out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Even though I replied to their email, SG canceled my order. This is the first time I am dealing with SG and now this is the last time I am dealing with these jockers. Too much a pain in the ass to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My order still says expected date of delivery on the first, and the site hasnt been updated since the 13th of January. Anyone else in the same situation or know whats going on? My CC hasnt been charged yet so i guess it hasnt been shipped out.

Mine does also. I called and now it's supposedly 2/13.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
They called me a few days ago and left a message saying to call them about my order.  I called them back last night and they said they were just checking my address because it was going to ship in the next couple of days.

I'm thinking that's awesome!

This morning I get an email saying that it is on backorder (2/13) again and oh yeah, "here is a $5 coupon that is not good with any other offer"  

It's a good thing it's as cheap as it is, otherwise I wouldn't be putting up with this BS...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a good thing it's as cheap as it is, otherwise I wouldn't be putting up with this BS...

You said it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered over 2 weeks ago and was told at that time, by phone and e-mail...the 13th of Febuary was the back order due date.

I would also add that if you guys are not happy, then buy from somewhere else, I would.
I have had nothing but good dealings with them.

As a small buisness owner I know about how things sometimes  do not always go as expected or planned.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I ordered over 2 weeks ago and was told at that time, by phone and e-mail...the 13th of Febuary was the back order due date.

I would also add that if you guys are not happy, then buy from somewhere else, I would.
I have had nothing but good dealings with them.

As a small buisness owner I know about how things sometimes  do not always go as expected or planned.

I've ordered ammo from SG in the past.
I have a current order (placed 01/09) for x39 that is on backorder. That is 2 weeks on the regular order list and 2½ on the backorder list.

What many are upset about is the fluidity with which the expected shipping date changes. It is even worse when some sites claim that there aren't any orders for Wolf ammo that are more than 4 weeks old when many of us have passed that point and are still waiting.

I am happy with the price and am in no real hurry for the ammo to arrive.
But most business owners would be very dismayed to learn that customers only patronize them for the price because they feel their service sucks.

I am not one that feels their service sucks, but I do get tired of "The check is in the mail" or "all orders are shipped on time" when it just isn't correct.

YMMV,

The Other Chris
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
My ship date was the 13th of Feb, then it got pushed back to the 26th of Feb a few days ago.  Kinda pissed but not really, if in fact it does come at that date.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Their site now shows an expected availability date of March 4th for 5.45
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
When I placed my oder the web site stated Feb. 20th, and know they tell me April?????????
WTF, you can't just keep changing dates.  If they told me April and it came in Feb., then I'd of been fine with it.  "Over commit, and under deliver" No Bueno!  "Under commit, and over deliver" Good!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine wewnt from 2/15 to 3/01.

I think this will be my last order from them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Just looked my hp went from the 15th to the 20th FEB, the fmj hasn't changed from the original date of the 20th.FEB/ 5.45 still showing 2/20
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just checked, now showing 3/1. I placed this order (3 spam cans of the HP) on 12/15/05.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When I placed my oder the web site stated Feb. 20th, and know they tell me April?????????
WTF, you can't just keep changing dates.  If they told me April and it came in Feb., then I'd of been fine with it.  "Over commit, and under deliver" No Bueno!  "Under commit, and over deliver" Good!

you got that email this week too? :D

i have a pretty good stockpile  right now, but that does not last forever.

i do have to give SG major credit though, they could just as easily  taken  the wolf off their website till current orders are filled then re list the wolf, bump it up to $140 a case to keep up with supply/demand. i would much rather put a major order in at $85 or whatever a case and wait for it to come in
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just checked, now showing 3/1. I placed this order (3 spam cans of the HP) on 12/15/05.

SG had HP's in stock the end of december, no spam cans though
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be pissed at them except for the fact that no one has any ammo to speak of.  I have seen it at gun shows, going for 200+ a thousand.  I have around 80 rounds left, shooting very slowly until i get my present from SG.  As long as they don't delay yet again, i will be very happy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You said it!

Ok smart guys, go take your money somewhere else.  Or are you just a bunch of old women that need to bitch?   Better still ladies, CANCEL your order and pay much more from someone else if you can even find it.   Now stop your acting like sissy's  

When SG gets their ammo order, you'll get your ammo order.  nuff said.

ETA - I apologize for being so blunt.  Just relax guys, SG doesn't control when THEIR order will arrive.  They give an estimated ship date and are GOOD to update and let people know if there is a delay.  Don't spank them for keeping you informed.  I'm SURE they would much rather be sending out invoices and making money instead of sending out shipping updates.   When the stuff gets here, it gets here.   Until then, try fishing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ok smart guys, go take your money somewhere else.  Or are you just a bunch of old women that need to bitch?   Better still ladies, CANCEL your order and pay much more from someone else if you can even find it.   Now stop your acting like sissy's  

When SG gets their ammo order, you'll get your ammo order.  nuff said.

Nuff said?
I am happy with the price, but as I have said before, many are upset about the fluidity with which the expected shipping date changes. It is even worse when some sites claim that there aren't any orders for Wolf ammo that are more than 4 weeks old when many of us have passed that point and are still waiting. Don't pee on my head and tell me it's rainin' and don't tell me Backorders are no longer than 2 weeks and then ship in a month or two.

TheOtherChris
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I check my backordered items periodically.  Noticed last weekend that the 7.62 spam cans were now showing a 3/3 estimated ship date.  Instead of being rude or whining, I emailed them with the order number and items and told them I wanted them to remain backordered.  Did the same thing for my AK magazine 10 packs which have been ordered since October and are "due" 2/28.  Got a very prompt reply thanking me and telling me they would be kept on backorder.  Also added to my paper trail if they do try to change the price or rules later.

EDIT:  Ammo ordered shipped last Friday, 3/10/06.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered FMJ 1/10

Shipped today.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#20]
ordered 1k fmj & 1k hp on 01/09 the fmj shipped today
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered 1/21 and shipping date is now set at 2/20.  Last week it was at 2/26, so i guess they either got a larger shipment than expected or received less orders than expected, either way I'm happy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered a spam can of 7.62x39 fmj 02/05 and just checked the site.  It says expected ship date 2/20 w00t

just like the rest of you, I cant find this stuff around here at all.  At the gun shows they are charging up the arse for wolf, if you can find it
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I ordered a spam can of 7.62x39 fmj 02/05 and just checked the site.  It says expected ship date 2/20 he

If you want to drive to Salem you can get it at Outdoor Marksman.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I ordered a spam can of 7.62x39 fmj 02/05 and just checked the site.  It says expected ship date 2/20 w00t

just like the rest of you, I cant find this stuff around here at all.  At the gun shows they are charging up the arse for wolf, if you can find it

If you want to drive to Salem you can get it at Outdoor Marksman.

Thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Same here.
So, that was 5 weeks during a time when some were saying that there were no backorders of Wolf older than 2 weeks.

I will probably order more this week, but I won't believe ANY estimates of approximate shipping date.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.
So, that was 5 weeks during a time when some were saying that there were no backorders of Wolf older than 2 weeks.

I will probably order more this week, but I won't believe ANY estimates of approximate shipping date.

The HP shipped today so that orders done now waitting on 5.45 it's listed to ship tomorrow and Monday, we'll see not counting on it
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#27]
My 5.45 was listed to ship today... my 7.62 on the 20th.

Instead my 7.62 shipped today, and my 5.45 isn't even in the "assignment pending" mode with a UPS link... still backordered...

My AK74 has 20 rounds to go before becoming a paper weight...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#28]
The woman I talked to today said the 5.45 should ship within the next 2 weeks, hopefully it's not like when Global says 2 weeks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Got notice in the mail today that the spam can ordered in late Dec. which was to have shipped Feb is now due to ship March 3. When I called to confirm my backorder was told the AK mag 10 packs are due Feb 28th. Am collecting money to hire a pyschic to tell the future and when the ammo will ship. Down to the last 1k rds stash so I've been keeping the poodle shooters busy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#30]
got some more spam cans on the door step today
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered a can of Wolf from SG today 02/15/2006.  Lets see how long it takes for it to get here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#32]
My three spam cans of 122 gr. HP that I ordered on 12/15/05 is scheduled to ship tomorrow. I used a credit card and just checked my account. They honored the price of $54.97 per 640 rounds. Grand total for 3 spam cans delivered to Florida came to $167.89. At less than 9 cents per round with a coupon it was worth the wait. I just wish I had ordered more, but who knew the price was going to jump $20 per can.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Hoe come nobody is buying some thing that shoots 7.62x54 or 8mm the shit is cheap?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I placed an order for the FMJ spam cans on Jan 31 and received an email saying they have been shipped. 6 cans on the way and only 15 days from order to shipping date. Makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Spam can is on its way.  Place order on 12/17 for $52 shipped.  Should have ordered more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I ordered 2000 rounds of Wolf ammo from them on the 21st of January.  It was suppossed to ship yesterday.  I called and asked if it had shipped yet, and she tells me end of March.  I was like WHAT?  UHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  NO.  I WANT MY AMMO.  Needless to say, i dont think my 40 rounds of wolf will last me till then.  I am hoping she was just retarded or something, cause i want my ammo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well I ordered 2000 rounds of Wolf ammo from them on the 21st of January.  It was suppossed to ship yesterday.  I called and asked if it had shipped yet, and she tells me end of March.  I was like WHAT?  UHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  NO.  I WANT MY AMMO.  Needless to say, i dont think my 40 rounds of wolf will last me till then.  I am hoping she was just retarded or something, cause i want my ammo.

They just told me the same thing.  2000 rounds ordered on Jan.13.

I know they won't charge me for the ammo untill they ship, but they
charged me for the full shipping Jan.13 when they shipped other items on
that order.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I ordered 3000 rounds on feb. 12, it was orig. scheduled to ship on the 26th... it now says 3/31
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#39]
If you had looked at the item description it said "out of stock, expected delivery June 2006" when you ordered.  They're just gonna keep telling you it's 3-4 weeks and pushing that date back until they get a shipment in.  Not anything they can do about it, and the item description clearly said "expected delivery June 2006".  Just be glad you have some ordered at the old price.  Now if they try and not honor that price, I'd say the bitching is justified, but when you order something that says "expected delivery June 2006" you can't really complain when you haven't gotten it in Feb.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If you had looked at the item description it said "out of stock, expected delivery June 2006" when you ordered.  They're just gonna keep telling you it's 3-4 weeks and pushing that date back until they get a shipment in.  Not anything they can do about it, and the item description clearly said "expected delivery June 2006".  Just be glad you have some ordered at the old price.  Now if they try and not honor that price, I'd say the bitching is justified, but when you order something that says "expected delivery June 2006" you can't really complain when you haven't gotten it in Feb.

No, you are wrong.  I know what it said.  I have eyes.  It said, expected delivery of Feb 26th when i ordered, and I ordered on the 21st of January.  A few days after I ordered they switched to June 29th.  About 10 days after I ordered, they upped the ship date from Feb 26th, to Feb 20th.  I was happy.  Now they say March 31.  I am not happy.

EDIT:  Sorry, long ass day.  And my ammo is backordered.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#41]
My SPG backorder e-mail just arrived. Not only did they push forward the shipping date, which really isnt that big of a problem, but they changed the price from $54 to $74. I called them and the woman on the phone, Jean, said it was always $74, and they they didnt have the ability to change the price of a backorder. When asked why my original invoice says $54, she couldnt answer me, but just repeated that its always been $74. Great company they have there. Ill be sure to order a lot more stuff from them!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
My SPG backorder e-mail just arrived. Not only did they push forward the shipping date, which really isnt that big of a problem, but they changed the price from $54 to $74. I called them and the woman on the phone, Jean, said it was always $74, and they they didnt have the ability to change the price of a backorder. When asked why my original invoice says $54, she couldnt answer me, but just repeated that its always been $74. Great company they have there. Ill be sure to order a lot more stuff from them!

Now THAT would severly piss me off.  Backorder is something they can't really do much about since they're at the mercy of whoever their supplier is, but to switch the price is complete BS.  I'd be asking for a supervisor and if he won't do anything about it, wait till they ship your order then send a copy of your invoice to your CC company and have them credit you back the difference.  Would serve them right for trying to change the price....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#43]
actually no need to apoligize because you're right....  I was referring to the regular ammo and not the spam cans.  Guess I need to check which thread I'm responding too next time.  Sorry bout that........
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Ordered a can of Wolf from SG today 02/15/2006.  Lets see how long it takes for it to get here.

Update today!  Got a letter in the mail that the ammo is still on back order and estimated ship date is 03/31/2006.  I guess I'll wait a while longer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Yea, I swear they better not postpone it again.  I want my ammo.  I have around a round a day I can shoot right now until my ammo is suppossed to arrive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Update today!  Got a letter in the mail that the ammo is still on back order and estimated ship date is 03/31/2006.  I guess I'll wait a while longer.

SG charged my card last week, so I'm guessing it is on the way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
SG charged my card last week, so I'm guessing it is on the way.

Did you order 7.62 or 5.45? I ordered a bunch of 5.45 around the same time you did, so maybe I'm in luck too!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#48]
7.62x39 in the spam can showed up today on the brown truck.  I am very happy to have received it.  Today is 03-16-06
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
7.62x39 in the spam can showed up today on the brown truck.  I am very happy to have received it.  Today is 03-16-06

My spam can order showed up today, too.  Correctly invoiced at $52.22 each.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top