Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2009 11:48:19 AM EST
I bought a case of 1000 FMJ several months ago, can't find it in stock anywhere now!
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 11:49:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/27/2009 11:51:42 AM EST by CopM4]
...I guess Afghanistan is paying the Russians more for it...

(Why I bought an AK in 5,56 and told everyone "Imported ammo is just that Imported - Imports come and go, slow down or can dry up")

I have gone to Cheaper Than Dirt up here in Ft Worth for the past 2 weeks - that have had ZERO 7,62x39 or 5,45
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 11:49:39 AM EST
What part of Texas? I'm in San Antonio and saw some here at the last Saxet but I was there when it opened
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 2:15:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By Molive:
What part of Texas? I'm in San Antonio and saw some here at the last Saxet but I was there when it opened

Yeah but you were also gonna pay the premium gunshow price for it also.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 3:47:33 PM EST
I have been seeing more Brass cased US Made stuff now. If the imports dry up, we will start getting US made stuff again. Ammo companies are not going to miss an opportunity to make money.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 4:28:24 PM EST
theres plenty of brass cased 762x39 ammo.......relax its not going ANYWHERE

all ammo at this point is hard to find.....I cant find crap locally in 45, 38, 12ga its all getting scarce on account of the hording

be patient it will be back on the shelves

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:07:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By grndy27:
Originally Posted By Molive:

Yeah but you were also gonna pay the premium gunshow price for it also.

I honestly find ammo at gun shows to be about the same price if not a little cheaper
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:05:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By jcrowl:
I bought a case of 1000 FMJ several months ago, can't find it in stock anywhere now!

The United States is experiencing a nationwide shortage of ammo in all calibers. This has been caused simply by the panic buying and uncertainty throughout the world. I have many customers that were buying large amounts of ammo between last Spring and the elections. Common quantities are 5,000 -10,000 with one customer (has a rather large collection of many calibers) with 35,000. State Department problems with importers from Russia also added to this problem with the popular calibers for AK's more than others. As Distributors receive new shipments the panic will continue throughout the summer and should settle down by the end of the year. If the DOW drops below 6,000 all bets are off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:17:55 PM EST
I bought it all...

Ha, no, not really, I just bought 1000 rounds of Wolf and Brown Bear off of a guy I know for $125.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:20:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By nightthunder:

The United States is experiencing a nationwide shortage of ammo in all calibers. This has been caused simply by the panic buying and uncertainty throughout the world. I have many customers that were buying large amounts of ammo between last Spring and the elections. Common quantities are 5,000 -10,000 with one customer (has a rather large collection of many calibers) with 35,000. State Department problems with importers from Russia also added to this problem with the popular calibers for AK's more than others. As Distributors receive new shipments the panic will continue throughout the summer and should settle down by the end of the year. If the DOW drops below 6,000 all bets are off.

Looks like it's going to go under 7k tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 7:29:08 PM EST
Stop doing all the online shopping, and check your local shops. You will find it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:12:47 PM EST
Go to Academy. They have Monarch (store brand) made by Barnual. Same as Brown Bear. Good price too. My local store had 6 cases a week ago. WJ
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:43:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Windjammer223:
Go to Academy. They have Monarch (store brand) made by Barnual. Same as Brown Bear. Good price too. My local store had 6 cases a week ago. WJ

My local Academy is completely out. Hell, yesterday they didn't have hardly any pistol ammo either. No .45 ACP, very few .22 LR, Blazer 9mm only, no .380, etc. This is a mess...glad I stock up with my main calibers early.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:02:17 PM EST
Logically, you would think with the War 223/556 would be harder to find, but it's the X39 around here that is next to impossible to find. As mentioned it's the Import factor that has the supply so limited. With the panic buying if you still want to call it that what little comes available sells out sometimes in a matter of hours. Hopefully the estimates that things may be better at the end of the year will be accurate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:34:49 PM EST

6 cases! That's it?

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 6:47:47 AM EST

Obama happened.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:52:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/2/2009 4:29:46 PM EST by Kujo]
Originally Posted By natew73:

Obama happened.

Yeah, what an ammo salesman!

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:06:46 AM EST
he's his own worst nightmare. people haven't just been buying since the election, it just heated up after nov. 4th. last year was a record year. over 16 million guns sold. 1.6 million in jan. 2009. and it's not your daddys shotgun. ar15's, ak47's, defense shotguns, pistols, all for defense. we may be on the brink of a great depression but we are in the middle of a great gun surge. obama's anti gun ways has scared people into adding about 20% more guns into the hands of private citizens in one year! estimates are between 90 and 100 million guns now. when pelosi and reid came out and said they will not pursue a new assault weapons ban it is because their people have run the numbers and they do not want to lose their jobs in two years. obama on the other hand will try to push every liberal agenda possible. if he can't do it like he has so far, by using congress, he will use the batf, the commerce dept., the state dept. anyway possible, i think he knows he has 4 years to change the way we live, he is proving that he will push the radical left agenda at any cost to the citizens. gun rights are next. how and by who?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 8:54:08 AM EST

My local Academy has been out of 7.62x39 ever since the Great $2.99 Special back in November. Every week or two since then, when I go in and ask the guys in Sporting Goods when they're getting restocked, they say they have no idea. They say they haven't even seen any come through since before Christmas.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:44:30 PM EST
You know, it's like everything else, supply and demand. but good Lord, when is the demand going to end?? I can understand a run on guns and ammo with the election of an anti-gun President and Congress, but this has been going on for over a year now! People must be throwing blankets over top of the cases of ammo and using them for furniture by this point!
I would think that at some point the market will become completely saturated, and then I'm afraid it is going to be really bad for the gun industry. At that poin the market may become so flooded that nobody will sell anything for 5 years.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:22:06 PM EST
glad i have a reloading press for 223...
the AK's have gotten mothballed, and my AR gets all the exercise these days
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:46:38 AM EST
Stuff dried up and also became very expensive, so I am regretting the sale of my case of Golden Tiger.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:59:49 AM EST
i keep checking smg daily, there is almost always something to order/back order, but it comes in eventually..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:54:16 PM EST
I just purchased 1000 rds of Wolf Military Classic124 grn fmj from Cabelas. $264.00 in two dry boxes. They had plenty. Maybe I shouldn't say anything. All the ammo whores will eat it up. :)
Top Top