Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:50:29 AM EDT
I am going to use a flat and want to mark it so it can be transfered to a family member as a gift down the road (my son). I have the copies of the letters from the ATF from an individual asking a similar question. I got the info from Pookie's awesome site. Here is where I got the info if anyone else is curious.
pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/legal/sellingbuilds.htm

The letter basically said it is possible to transfer home builds as long as the following info is on it: Builder's name, Location and Serial Number. The etch/stamp has to be .003" deep and no smaller than 1/16" tall. That means a hobby electric engraver is out plus it looks crappy.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:30:26 AM EDT
im sure some sells a stamping kit,..all there are is a bunch of small punches with letters or numbers on one end,..had a set at my last duty station that we used to mark keys with,...but i dont know how it would look if you tried this on a reciver,..maybe if you used a pres and did it all at once?

i was thinking about the same thing,. i want to be able to hand down the rifles i build when im gone. keep us posted please
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:54:08 AM EDT
Sec. 478.92 only applies to licensed people or businesses unless you are making a title II firearm.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:29:20 AM EDT
www.etch-o-matic.com/EOM.html
I have one and use all the time especially for the deep etch.It’s cheap and works good.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:43:10 AM EDT
That will do the trick.

Thanks for the info. Now I have to come up with a clever SN#
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:05:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Brutal_Attack:
www.etch-o-matic.com/EOM.html
I have one and use all the time especially for the deep etch.It’s cheap and works good.

Think you could throw us a pic of the results from deep etching with this unit??

Would it do selector markings, and how well does it show thru paint??

I'm thinking of Izmash, and other Russian marking as well?? Hmmmm...
Top Top