Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2005 1:59:20 PM EDT
Somebody on another forum is telling me that the vepr is best ak out there, I like the sa-m 7 , what do you guys think ???

He also claims that it is more accurate , then  arsenals ak's  ...
Not trolling just trying to get other opinions .

I love my sa-m 7....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn no opinions .....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont have experience with either feed back I here Bulgarians are best.  Accessories and Mods options are limited with VEPR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
VEPR is more accurate but that's just what you get from a gun when you have a heavy barrel and a thicker reciever.

Get the SAM7, you won't regret it.

PS I own both, so far I shoot my VEPR far more than any of the other AKs I own. It's a shooter plain and simple.
But so is the SAM7.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned both. I used to own an Arsenal SA M-7S and SA M-7SF. Currently, I only have a VEPR (actually a KTR-03V)

If I wanted a traditional looking AK, I'd get the Arsenal.

If I didn't care about my AK being traditional looking, or I wanted to save money, I'd get the VEPR.

They both have their ups and down. The VEPR is substantially cheaper and it comes standard with a scope rail. An Arsenal with a scope rail will run over $700, whereas you can get a VEPR for less than $500. The VEPR is a little front-heavy, and the barrel isn't threaded.

The Arsenals that are currently available have the 24mm threaded FSB with flash hider, which I don't care for. It add almost 3 inches of length for no real benefit. I'd prefer 14x1 threads with a birdcage flash hider, which is more than sufficient for 7.62x39. I hate brakes. If the Arsenal SA M-7R (no-ban with 14x1 threads) ever becomes available, I'll buy one on the spot.

The best AK out there is a Valmet or Galil, BTW.

ETA supposedly the VEPR is more accurate than the Arsenals. I don't really care one way or the other, the Arsenals I had, my KTR-03V, and my Valmet 62 all shoot minute-of-badguy, which is good enough for me. I don't get wound up about 1" groups off the bench with a fighting rifle.

Quoted:
Dont have experience with either feed back I here Bulgarians are best.  Accessories and Mods options are limited with VEPR.

Not sure what kind of "mods" you think you can do to a SA M-7 Because of the tang design changing the stock is possible, but impractical. Look at the ACE stock for milled AKs, it has a 1.5" block sticking out the back of the receiver. For all practical purposes, you're stuck with a fixed stock. I guess you can switch it out between commie length and "NATO" length. The Ultimak handguard fits the VEPR if that's your thing. Can't change the VEPR grip, but it's vastly superior to the regular AK grip anyway. Other than those, what kind of "mods" would you want to do to an AK???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Build your own AK in the variant you like.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I already have a sa-m7 , thanks for the info .
I did state that I love my sa-m7 !!!

It was that I had differences with a guy !!!

But thanks......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my VEPR, and have NEVER regretted buying it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Too heavy!! For that much weight I'll take something in 308.

Other than that, I might pick one up. I need a 4th or 5th AK.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Both are probably as good as they get for current production AK's. At least that I've seen. Whichever your fancy, you done good.

Damn.... new- arguy

Are you getting tired of going on the AR side ???
Are we going to start fighting about ak's ???

AK'S =

later ....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top