Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:12:53 AM EDT
I have a SAR-2 that I'm kinda fond of as I've decked it out with cool furniture and whatnot. However, I bought it back in the ban days and it originally had a FSB with no threads. I replaced that with the proper FSB and rom. comp. UNFORTUNATELY I put the FSB on canted. Really canted. It's bad. I compensated for it by getting a windage-adjustable rear sight but it's jogged WAY over to the side and looks stupid.

I want to keep this gun and I always thought "someday I'll fix that." Well, with the new ATF ban imminent I'm looking for a solution.

Do I NEED to stick with Romanian barrel / parts or will ANY 5.45 barrel press into that receiver? What are my options?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
have a qualified ak smith take a look at it first.

they may be able to repair the damage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove FSB retaining pins. Put gun in vice. Tap to proper alignment. Replace pins.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remove FSB retaining pins. Put gun in vice. Tap to proper alignment. Replace pins.

+1 Easy fix
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
When you get the FSB straight,you may have to re-drill the holes so the pin holes in the FSB match up with the grooves in the bbl.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Without re-drilling, I assume the pins would just turn the FSB back the way it is. Problem is, I don't know my way around a drill press so I don't see it going much better the second time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't need a drill press, just a hand drill. I did it on my Bulgie kit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, now for a minute assume I've got more money than sense*: what barrel assemblies could I put on here.

*I just wanna know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
You should be able to use any [European] 5.45 AK bbl,contact Troy Sellars at In Range to re-align your FSB.No need in replacing your whole bbl for a canted FSB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one that was canted pretty good and fixed it without redrilling. Knock it into alignment with pins out of course. Next hammer the pins in from the same side you hit it from. If you put the pins in the opposite direction it can put it back in the original position.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top