Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:09:47 PM EDT
Not building rifles myself as I don't have the time or proper tooling.  Besides, I'd rather have a professional's guarantee to go with the rifle.

With the kit and parts craze going on, I'm wondering what other people are doing to pad their collection.

My BIG LIST:

Polish Tantal on a GT-AUSA 1.0mm being built by jnewt.   Bulgarian selector lever, dummied left side switch; muzzle brake and piston from hotbarrel.  I may yet get a Polish-marked receiver if I have time.

AKS-74 clone from an early Bulgy kit.  Wood by Z-Recto.  Appropriate Russian sling and mag.  GT-AUSA receiver with Russian markings.  Trunnion remarked by Marshall Arms.  To be built by jnewt.  

AK-74M clone from a very late, brand new Bulgy kit.  Saiga top cover.  74M brake from Tantal.  74M furniture from AndyArts.  Russian bayo, sling and mags.  GT-AUSA receiver with Russian markings.  Trunnion remarked by Marshall Arms.  To be built by jnewt.

Polish PMK clone from a PMKMS kit and a Polish laminate stockset from laukart.  Polish mag, bayo and sling.  GT-AUSA receiver with Polish markings.   To be built by jnewt.

Yugo fixed stock M70 from a very good kit.  Using a Harlan/DCI receiver (with markings), thedukeryan PG, hotbarrel grenade launching muzzle device.  Probably to be built by jnewt and re-blued somewhere else if he can't do blueing.

Bulgarian 7.62 Krink.  SBR project if I can get the paperwork done.  Bulgy parts and special order GT-AUSA receiver.  To be built by Inrange.  Russian sling.  Black Polymer handguards.

Other rifles inbound:

Yugo M92 SEAKIII by Inrange.  I'd like to SBR it but won't have the time or $$$ to do that right now.  Maybe an SBR in the future?  I sure hope this project gets the number of orders we need.

Romy AIM from RedJacket Firearms.  Part of a trade with Will at RedJacket for my RPK kit and RPK gear.  Picking it up sometime this week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
TIER I
Saiga .308 22"  converted to G3 mag and AK pistol grip stock combo and some US made brake - jnewt

PMKMS clone from Yugo folding stock and Romy kit, Armory 1mm - jnewt

TIER II after I pay off alot of bills:
And are not scheduled, awaiting selection of builder probaby global military gunsmithing and buying 922r parts:
PMKMS
Tantal
3 Romy
1 Romy w/EG side folder
Plastic AMD-65
Wood AMD-65
Bulgy 74 w/Russian side folder
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
oops
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
AKM with an AKS-74 triangle folder, Polish kit and Z-recto laminate handguards.

And that's it for me...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Saiga-12 converted to pistol grip is my next month's project, once RAA's hit the market,
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Gawd...

Ok, the first one is my AK-74 clone back from Chris Butler.

Next is my AK-105 clone from Ted Marshall.

Then I must decide if I am going to get my other Ted Marshall AK-105 converted to a Krink...

Then I have an Arsenal, Inc. SLR-105R to get converted to plum AKS-74N config.

Then there is my Type 3 kit to be built on a new Firing Line receiver.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Two Romeys One Polish under folder and an AMD 65
Got all the barrels pressed working on a flat jig and
enjoying the hell out of it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive got just about all the AK types in need/want for a quite a while...

Im moving on to BIGGER things.

Got a 1919 Kit in house and am saving for the sideplate and internal mods for it now...:)

Then i need a tripod, spade grips, hand crank, links, ammo linker, several cases of .308...

Should be cool....

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm getting ready to start my Yugo Underfolder
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Too many to list and not enough funds to build. Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Tantal and PMKMS at Red Jacket for Will and crew to hook up

Two Rommie kits that I'm doing at our FL build party next month, might end up putting some Polish wood on one of them.

And my AR varmint/target gun, put in the LPK last weekend (which was a B@#CH), just need to save up for a SS 20X42

AND SLR105R with A1 mods from Jnewt when he returns from hurricane duties.

AND a complete ar pistol lower, upper config still undecided....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool stuff!  Thanks for sharing!  (and keep sharing, too!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got one of the new Bulgy 74s on its way to In Range for a sidefolder conversion.Working a deal on a Bulgarian Type III,I've been rounding up the parts for a Chinese sidefolder project.I'll deliver the parts to In Range when I pick up the 74.

and another Romy 7.62 build is on the horizon!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#14]
AKS74U "Krink"
AK74M
M70B1
M70 Underfolder

All by Chris Butler...hopefully
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I've gone apeshit buying kits lately, i sold my harley fatboy to fund my AK projects dont worry i have other bikes, so far i've built an amd65 and a aks74. these are the kits i have waiting to be built (by me of course) Yugo krink, tantal, polish underfolder, bulgarian 74 wood stock, romanian RPK (primo kit), i bought a bunch of the rommy kits i have 9 total. I'm going to buld a standard romanian akm with the forward pistol grip and one with a rommy sidefolder. I'm thinking of building a pistol out of one of the kits, if i can get the barrel cut down to say 8-9 inches, centerfire is brining in AMD63 kits so i'll pick one of them up. I've heard K-var is going to be bringing in bulgy aks74u's so i'll get one of them if that ever comes to be. Thats it for me i guess its a boat load of AK's but i'm addicted so untill the local rehab clinic offers rehab for AK junkies i'm gonna keep buying and building. I have a Vector RPD comming in a few months too i cant wait for that bastard to come!  McM
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Bravo!

I love hearing from others with "the disease"  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bravo!

I love hearing from others with "the disease"  

Really?

I kinda like the way krinkfreak did it…

Romanian AKM (3) one will have a triangular metal sidefolder al la 74, the other two just black plastic furniture.

FAL a pristine StG kit that needs to go off and have the barrel cut to 17.7-inches (para length) and be assembled. Still need to get a DSA receiver for that one.

M1A that needs to make it’s way back down to Ron Smith have all the heavy barrel NM crap taken off of it and built back into a rack grade rifle.

M1 Garands just need to buy more of em from the CMP. All I really want is a 6 million serial number Springfield.

arfs oh boy.

Bushmaster SBR, sell the A2 upper and replace it with an A3 upper with heavy profile barrel fluted by ADCO and then mount an EOTech.

LMT SBR install RAS II and Aimpoint.

LMT M4 build will need an RAS, an Aimpoint (or maybe ACOG) and a Gemtech BiLock.

Colt Ligtweight SBR needs the lightweight A1 upper.

Bushmaster M4gery needs an Aimpoint and some more spraypaint

Have a Bushmaster A2 lower I would like to build into a copy of the Army’s DMR, I’ve got the lower so far.

I’d also like to use a Colt lower I have to build a copy of the Marine’s SAM-R, but that damn front sight isn’t available (yet).

The GUU-5P, I’ve been spending some time shooting the old Air Force GUU-5Ps and would absolutely love to build a good copy. It’ll take time to find all the old school parts though.

Remington 700s…

BDL in 338 Win Mag (don’t even have one yet} need to have the barrel cut down to between 20 and 22-inches. Most bang for the buck.

ADL in 270 Winchester have the barrel cut and re-crowned, have it parkerized and find a nice Leupold VX-III for it. A poor mans "accurate" rifle.

I’d like to find an old Remington 700 (pre 320000) short action (preferable 308) send it off to Mike Lau and have him build me a M40A3. This one will take some time.

In the mean time, if I happen to come across a good price on a 308 LTR, it’s on the "I need list."

PISTOLS

One is actually going to be finished here in about two weeks. An old (before they ere built in Brazil) Springfield Armory 1911A1 is all blinged out and ready to run for Speed Steel

I’d like to have a matching set of Colt Mk IV Series 80 pistols (I’ve got one so far) as soon as I can find (and afford) a second I’ll have them cleaned up and made proper.
King ambis, beavertails, H/T/S, Novak sights, and checkered hammer spring housing.

I’d also like to build (or in my case, have built) a faithful forgery of the Marine Corps MEUSOC 1911. I need to find an old 1911A1 GI pistol to use as a foundation though.

Just picked up a S&W 625 that needs to be cleaned up a bit, be worked over so it’s nice and smooth.

I think that’s about it for right now. Wow, that’s pretty therapeutic to sit for a minute and put all these ideas down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Romanian AIM I might build myself or send to JNEWT. Only lacking a receiver. I'm selling off all my other kits.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Too many to list!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I only have one build in the planning stage. I've already bought everything, but I'm still waiting on the AK-100 folding stock to arrive. And it looks like I'm going to have to rake up the build fee again.

AK-74M

New Bulgarian AK-74 sidefolder kit
Armory USA 5.45 receiver
AK-100 polymer sidefolding stock
Optic rail
US-made pistol grip
US-made gas piston
RSA firecontrols
Rivet set
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
AK-74M is a great way to go.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I have three AMD-65 kits just sitting here - I have someone making the bend jig for me (free) and I told him to take his time... so I've been doing a little at a time.  Just made my boltcutter rivet tool tonight.  I have two other people that got a kit along with me that I'll be helping out along the way, so when the jig is done I'll be hitting the ground running.

I want to get at least 3 Romy kits, one for me, one for my 11 year old and one for my 2 year old.  After showing my wife what the AMDs are going for (I got them a while ago for $79) and after she saw the confiscations/forced evictions in NOLA as well as the upcoming barrel ban, she can see the value of having legal, yet non-papered firearms.

The only downside is that one of the AMD folding stocks has been brazed... if it was broken I could have welded it good as new, but it wasn't.  I was going to make a pistol build out of it, but I hate to do that now with the cost of the kits.  Thinking of doing like the Romy kits I'll have incoming, and make one for each guy in my family... to keep come hell or high water (or Democratic administrations).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a pmkms and a tantal to build yet. I don't think I'll mess with them until next year. I have been thinking about selling them both and buying a mg-42 or a mg-34 and attempt to build one of those. I have already built a 1919 converted it to 8mm and it's kickass to shoot, now to just buy some accessories for it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope I get the variant names right.  I've been buying kits like mad for the past 2 years, usually 2 or 3 at a time.  The AMDs and 2 Yugos came from Centerfire.  I picked up another Yugo from Bocephus.  Most of the Rommies, PMKMS, and Bulgarians came from Scott at DPHArms.  FALs came from Gunthings.com and 1 from eBay.  Tantal from Global Trades.  WUM-1s came from InRange.  1919 came from Weaponeer.net.

*piles of spare parts already acquired to build the following*
A second .45ACP conversion
9mm conversion (Suomi stick and drum magazine compatible)
.22LR conversion
Bizon (modified Calico magazine and 9mm Uzi barrel)

*complete parts kits to be assembled*
Romak 3 (just need to press and pin barrel in place)
Polish Tantal
PMKMS (2)
Bulgarian Milled AK-47 (Waiting on ORF to get off their butts and make a Type 3 pinned receiver)
Bulgarian AK-74
Bulgarian AKS-74
AMD-63 (2)
AMD-65
AMD-65 (fixed Hungarian blonde furniture, shortened standard gas tube, and L1A1 flash hider)
AMD-65 (L1A1gas block and L1A1 flash hider)
AMD-65 (want to build as AMP-69 with custom handguard, modified buttstock, launcher extension)
Yugo M70 B1
Yugo M70 AB2
Yugo M70 AB2 - 5.56 barrel to replace trashed original one - I guess this would make it an M80A (don't know if I want to use the barrel on this or not)
Romanian RPK
AKS-74U (16" barrel, handguards, and topcover from K-Var)
Romanian AIM (2)
Romanian AIM Carbine (barrel, gas tube, and gas block from K-Var)
Romanian WUM-1 (2)
Imbel FAL (3) - Glad I bought those Imbel receivers before the ban (want to do one as a paratrooper version)
1919a4

*want to get*
Cetme
H&K G3
AR-15
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Polish Tantal and PMKMS being built by 48thHighlander.

Polish Tantal, PMKMS and Romanian scheduled to be be built buy jnewt.

Three more Romanians that I have yet to decide on. I have a new Romanian Stock and handguard set (without the front PG), and a Russian Stock, handguard set and shiny Plum bakelite PG that I have talked to Z-Recto about. Any ideas out there???

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top