Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:41:26 AM EDT
what size bit and what kind of bit to install the fsb and gb pins in a saiga conversion?  ive tried a 3/32 regularbit and it just snapped off

its the last step i have to do

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I will check when I get home. I have a bunch on my workbench, they break, and when they do, you have extra pins

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]

I've never converted a Saiga, but I think the AKs I've build have had 3mm pins for the FB and front sight, and 4mn for the rear sight block.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Whenever I do sight and gas block work, I always drill and reinstall with 1/8th inch pins. They are just very slightly over the size of the originals and have never given me problems.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
3mm

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
So it sounds like some of you are using the same exact diameter drill bit and pin?

I thought you had to use a pin that was slightly larger in diameter than the drill bit so the pin won't work itself out?

Please correct me if I am mistaken about this?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
well that was my thought too. I broke a drill bit though and decided to see how the fit was with using it, for future reference. It punched in just as hard as a regular pin. I've only shot a few hondo out of it, but it hasn't moved.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top