Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 5:47:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2012 5:48:09 AM EST by Minator556]
I recently picked a NIB Milled SLR101S the other day and they were already out of the folding stock version so I had to get a fixed stock. I've been out of the AK accessories game for a while so what are my options on getting a folding stock without having to make any major modifications to the rear tang or block, or am I stuck with a Romanian wire stock again?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:11:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2012 7:13:24 AM EST by Just_Parker]

Originally Posted By Minator556:
I recently picked a NIB Milled SLR101S the other day and they were already out of the folding stock version so I had to get a fixed stock. I've been out of the AK accessories game for a while so what are my options on getting a folding stock without having to make any major modifications to the rear tang or block, or am I stuck with a Romanian wire stock again?

ok first of all some good news, you don't have to use the Romanian wire folder... or rather you cant, not with the 2 tangs on a milled gun. As for the 101 there hasn't ever been a folding version so you aren't missing out. Your only real option is the ace, which looks fugly on a milled gun IMHO but hey its your gun...

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:27:25 AM EST
Only one option i would recommend is leaving it alone as a fixed stock.Dont chop off the tangs you will regret it
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:51:06 AM EST
What does the ace look like?

I guess the one I saw was a different variant then it looked precisely the same as this one except it had the full stock that folds.

Yeah after paying a grand for this rifle I'm not planning on chopping or drilling it ever I have plenty of folders just a little uglier than this precision machined beast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:01:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 3:03:28 AM EST by purevl2]
Originally Posted By Minator556:
What does the ace look like?

I guess the one I saw was a different variant then it looked precisely the same as this one except it had the full stock that folds.

Yeah after paying a grand for this rifle I'm not planning on chopping or drilling it ever I have plenty of folders just a little uglier than this precision machined beast.

I have had 2 ace side folders and cut the tang. I had to spend $250 to send them to a guns smith to have the trunnions replaced.

You know what I put on mine? I put the stock K-Var furniture back on it. Lighter and as strong as it needs to be.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT cut the tangs off that beautiful Bulgarian masterpiece for an Ace Sidefolder.

You should be buying 7.62 ammo like crazy from SG for just over $200 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:10:56 AM EST
I have a bulgy triangle side folder on my tantal. No modifications to the gun what so ever. I picked up local for 100 bucks.

http://www.dsarms.com/Bulgarian-AKS-74-Folding-Stock-Assembly––-AKBFS/productinfo/AKBFS/
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:51:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By DesertSkorpion:
I have a bulgy triangle side folder on my tantal. No modifications to the gun what so ever. I picked up local for 100 bucks.

http://www.dsarms.com/Bulgarian-AKS-74-Folding-Stock-Assembly––-AKBFS/productinfo/AKBFS/

That won't fit in a milled receiver.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:52:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 7:53:44 AM EST by evlblkwpnz]
To hell with the whole damn rear block. AK100 and major surgery FTW!!!! You only live once, may as well make it yours and do your best the break it. I will leave my family a bunch of well worn weapons that represent my exact tastes in firearms.

ETA: oops..... just realized it is a 101. I'd sell it.... just like I did all of my milled Arsenals, Polytechs, and Norincos. I don't regret any of it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:57:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
To hell with the whole damn rear block. AK100 and major surgery FTW!!!! You only live once, may as well make it yours and do your best the break it. I will leave my family a bunch of well worn weapons that represent my exact tastes in firearms.

ETA: oops..... just realized it is a 101. I'd sell it.... just like I did all of my milled Arsenals, Polytechs, and Norincos. I don't regret any of it.

maybe bonesteel arms could make an adapter for a milled without mods
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:57:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By irierider:
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:

maybe bonesteel arms could make an adapter for a milled without mods

I'm not sure there is a big enough demand to make it worth it, but you never know until you ask

Top Top