Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 6:22:55 AM EDT
Hi, I'm wanting to get my 1st ak. Whats a good brand? Do all ak's use the same mags? The gun shop near me has a wasr ak for like 365.00. Stamped or milled receiver? Any advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I suggest the following:

First, Find a gun shop willing to accept a FFL out of state transfer for you.  In WI this typically costs $35 on the HIGH END.

Second, Find the AK you want.  I receive shotgun news and found my SAR 1 on www.gunsnammo.com I paid $309 shipped last week 12/5 for my SAR 1 (1 40rnd, 1 10rnd, sling, & cleaning kit.  Very good deal.  The SAR is an SAR.  Needs work, but all sar1s do anyway.  

Third, debate the price between buying that sar for $309 and having a work done it. Investment grade firearms @ 239.00 to trick it out.. You have about 550-600 invested.  Now, You can buy the SEAK for 650?  

Debate away, but the sar for 309.00 is impressive.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
SAR is a great place to start. I wouldn't risk the WASR. I think FAC has the milled guns for a good price. If you want to spend alot[more] call Ohio Rapid Fire. I have had several milled guns and alot more stamped guns. Milled is overated. If milled was better then I doubt all countries that use AKs would issue stamped. Its lighter and cheaper and can take thousands and thousands of rounds in full auto. Remember an AK is not a show piece or a sniper rifle for 500yards. It is a tough and ruged gun to hit man sized targets.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top