Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:58 AM EDT
I's it all ways a BIG pain in the BUTT to put the leather shoulder strap on your AK ?
I just picked up a new GP WASR 10 and had one heck of a time getting it on there.

This one is new out of the box with all the toys. Havent shot it yet but will soon.
Will let you know how it does.

Gator

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:09 AM EDT
i'm not much for the ak slings. like you said, they're a royal pain to get on/off. i was at a surplus store a few months back and saw a random sling with clips on both ends. i generally use that. it has a nice feel to it and its easy to take off. sure, its not "Ak" stuff, but it works great. it also just feels better than the leather / canvas slings i have. *shrugs*

you planning on leaving the wood like that, replacing the furniture, or just dying that wood?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 5:53:26 AM EDT by JOHNO]
It gets easier after you do it a few times,nice AK,the laminated type III handguards look great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 6:13:52 AM EDT by Black-Lions]
I'm going to leave the wood on it. I have allways loved the wood look.
I might degrease the wood and lighten it up and do a steel wool job on it
with MAYBE a clear coat on it.
What you think ?

Gator

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:39:20 AM EDT
Looks like that sling's pretty dry. Might want to try a leather dressing on it to soften and protect.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:
Looks like that sling's pretty dry. Might want to try a leather dressing on it to soften and protect.

saddle soap works everytime ....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:31:37 AM EDT
Will mink skin oil work on them ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:03:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Black-Lions:
Will mink skin oil work on them ?

It won't hurt anything,that Hungarian leather sling has been in storage for years and has mildewed.I've got a few just like it,mildew and all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:41:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Black-Lions:
I'm going to leave the wood on it. I have allways loved the wood look.
I might degrease the wood and lighten it up and do a steel wool job on it
with MAYBE a clear coat on it.
What you think ?

Gator

i like hte wood look too, and for the longest time i really enjoyed the stock wood on the wsar, then i just got sick of it. it looked so bland. some RIT dye and a few minutes and i came out with a red stock, looks much better.

leave it til you wanna change it. its a peice of cake to change.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 5:43:34 PM EDT by loadbearing511]
I used my leather sling to beat my neighbors kids with ! My "bottom feeder" also likes to be spanked with it. She's is into kinkiness!
Top Top